1 yr sub for Adobe Lightroom only £59.85

How very strange, £58.95 by post £99.35 by email.

But if it seems to good to be true it probably is, and this is. Look carefully and you can see it doesn't include Photoshop OR Lightroom Classic. You just get basic Lightroom and 1TB of storage for 12 months; not a good buy at all.

Last edited:

But if it seems to good to be true it probably is, and this is. Look carefully and you can see it doesn't include Photoshop OR Lightroom Classic. You just get basic Lightroom and 1TB of storage for 12 months; not a good buy at all.
It’s the Lightroom CC with 1 TB storage version. It’s often been offered at this price on Amazon with different prices for by email and by post (Obviously they want you to use email as there’s less product cost incurred, hence by email is the offer price and by post the normal price).

The other version you are talking about is the photography plan which includes Lightroom classic CC (desktop), lightroom mobile, photoshop and 20GB storage. The last offer price I got for that version was £79.99 in Dec 19. I can’t remember seeing it cheaper at any point since.

Adobe have been pushing the Lightroom mobile version for a while. It’s obvious to me that’s where they see part of the future of Lightroom as an online version with cloud storage. Whilst it’s not what many traditional photographers want (having been used to the previous desktop version and wanting local storage of files) there are likely many many more Instagram/mobile phone type users that it would probably appeal to (and probably the intended market). Price wise the offer price isn’t too bad at £5 a month (it’s what the yearly upgrade price of lightroom standalone was and also includes 1TB of cloud storage too).

The simple fact is the photography plan version with both lightroom and photoshop is probably priced at £9.99 is a little under it’s true value when you consider the previous cost of photoshop software. It could command a higher price of £15-20 a month especially where professional users are involved.

It’s the Lightroom CC with 1 TB storage version. It’s often been offered at this price on Amazon with different prices for by email and by post (Obviously they want you to use email as there’s less product cost incurred, hence by email is the offer price and by post the normal price).

That's the strange thing, by post is the cheaper option, weird.

That's the strange thing, by post is the cheaper option, weird.
I read the options wrong. Maybe they need to sell x amount via post options as they have a physical product sitting there not being sold as buyers want it delivered instantly. We will probably never understand why companies offer sales on some very similar products

Lightroom Classic feels like a bloated, laggy mess after using the newer version.

Lightroom Classic feels like a bloated, laggy mess after using the newer version.
I'm used to it, I'd miss it if it was gone, I'm not a PS user and LCC does all I need it for. If it hadn't been for the fact that LR6 wouldn't read the RAW files from my new Fuji I'd still have it and not be paying a subscription.

Having said that, and initially resenting paying the subscription, I find the update, the videos and the general information that arrives almost daily in my inbox really rather useful and at £10 per month I don't really notice the cost. Plus PS is always there if I get adventurous.

It’s now £32.42 at Amazon, cheapest I have seen it. Bought one years worth tempted to add a few more years if you can stack them.

It’s now £32.42 at Amazon, cheapest I have seen it. Bought one years worth tempted to add a few more years if you can stack them.
The other one is stackable. If I was into local storage and paid up into next year I’d be considering it. I’d in a way miss lightroom classic as it’s the only version I’ve known.

so I saw this and thought, it's not right for what I need, lightroom classic, plus PS.
I tried to switch to a LR alternative but didn't find one for a better price that suited me.

so I looked on amazon

Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan 20GB: Photoshop + Lightroom | 1 Year | PC/Mac | Download​

currently £30 cheaper top buy the annual license, than to pay for it per month, so I'll get that.
However, I'd need to "cancel" my adobe sub first, and that doesn't run out until December, which causes me a £14 surcharge due to my annual commitment finishing in Dec of this year. however, before I cancel, there is a review and offers stage.
Adobe offered me £0 for 2 months, which suits me fine.
I'll buy the adobe key today and then use it when my annual commitment lapses. So in total, that's £20 off for the rest of the year's billing cycle then £30 next years by paying up front.
I'll take it.

Billing details
Your 60 days will begin the following billing cycle. Automatic billing will resume after the offer period.
Billing date
If your next billing date falls within the next 48 hours, you may still be charged for your next bill.
Offer period
Allow up to 48 hours for your 60 days FREE to be applied.

so I saw this and thought, it's not right for what I need, lightroom classic, plus PS.
I tried to switch to a LR alternative but didn't find one for a better price that suited me.

so I looked on amazon

Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan 20GB: Photoshop + Lightroom | 1 Year | PC/Mac | Download​

currently £30 cheaper top buy the annual license, than to pay for it per month, so I'll get that.
However, I'd need to "cancel" my adobe sub first, and that doesn't run out until December, which causes me a £14 surcharge due to my annual commitment finishing in Dec of this year. however, before I cancel, there is a review and offers stage.
Adobe offered me £0 for 2 months, which suits me fine.
I'll buy the adobe key today and then use it when my annual commitment lapses. So in total, that's £20 off for the rest of the year's billing cycle then £30 next years by paying up front.
I'll take it.

Billing details
Your 60 days will begin the following billing cycle. Automatic billing will resume after the offer period.
Billing date
If your next billing date falls within the next 48 hours, you may still be charged for your next bill.
Offer period
Allow up to 48 hours for your 60 days FREE to be applied.
You don't have to cancel your subscription or wait for it to expire before you redeem your redemption code. If you were to redeem your code today it would delay your next payment to Adobe by 12 moths.

You don't have to cancel your subscription or wait for it to expire before you redeem your redemption code. If you were to redeem your code today it would delay your next payment to Adobe by 12 moths.

This. Just buy it and enter the code and it will kick your next monthly payment 12 months into the future. You don't need to cancel

I just find it so confusing with all the different options and what each allows and doesn’t, it’s the perfect marketing tactic. Bamboozle them so they don’t know what they are getting and once in they will have to stay for life.

Back