10.5 hours in the hide - 29TH JUNE ANOTHER BUZZARD ADDED

Name
Nicki.
Edit My Images
Yes
Yep today spent 10.5 hours in the hide with Fernface next to me in his hide (He joined me at lunchtime) and look what I got ...................................

Yep, you are not seeing things, absolutely nothing, not one shot fired :bang: :bang: :bang: all we saw was a Muntjac walk along the edge of the field too far away, and laos a Kestrel hovering which did not stay very long.

Oh the joys of togging :bang: (y) :puke:

At least we had the comforts of hot drinks supplied by Brian and his little cooker, thanks Brian.

See what wonders tomorrow brings.

Last edited:
Well you have just learnt a very valuable lesson about wildlife photography, they don't always appear to order and you need patience to get the shot, it can take hours, days, even weeks.

I will think of you tomorrow when I go to my hide. Usually have three red squirrels running around me while I fill their feeders!:nuts:

Hope you have better luck soon. You did well though to wait all that time.Shows you have dedication.(y)

Meeeeeee? In a hide with a woman? For 10.5 hours?

13thduke2.jpg

Oxford you say? :naughty:

You should frame that, title it 'Nothing', have a teeny piece of text underneath with something existential and philosophical to describe it and flog it to Tate Modern!! :D:D

Well you have just learnt a very valuable lesson about wildlife photography, they don't always appear to order and you need patience to get the shot, it can take hours, days, even weeks.

Not a lesson learnt just prepared to wait and wait, as you said that is "Wildlife photography"

and do you know what? I quite enjoyed it (y);) and would I do it again ...... answer yes, try again on Friday :help:

Meeeeeee? In a hide with a woman? For 10.5 hours?
Oxford you say? :naughty:

Just what I was thinking bugger the wildlife (just the wilder side of life) :LOL:

Just what I was thinking bugger the wildlife (just the wilder side of life) :LOL:

Naaaaaaa not with sandals and socks :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

behave and you had better ask fracster if he designed his hides for other things other than togging :naughty:

Forgot to add double whammy tomorrow with Cosmix and Fernface down in Lingfield !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at least I will get to take a photo or 2.

Last edited:
Naaaaaaa not with sandals and socks :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

behave and you had better ask fracster if he designed his hides for other things other than togging :naughty:

Forgot to add double whammy tomorrow with Cosmix and Fernface down in Lingfield !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at least I will get to take a photo or 2.

Oh I don't wear sandals and sock in the Field, green hunters OK? :D
And I know that Ade had other things in mind when he designed those,
Good mates me and he ;)
Have fun tomorrow and I am sure you Will get "something" (y)

Thanks Nigel, I will not be beaten !!!!!!!!!!!! :bang: :bang: :bang:

I have come to the conclusion that they liked the food cooked not raw :LOL: the choice would have surpassed anybodys top restaurant, it included, Fresh Salmon (which had been on my freezer for ages and would have not got eaten as I get given these regularly :naughty:) liver, turkey leg, chicken wings, day old frozen chicks (defrosted) and a complete chicken in feather, plus 5 chickenn carcasses from the butchers, still no takers, :shrug: may just chuck a few sausages in the pot as well :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Keep putting milk in Brians tea, he'll make sure they make an appearance for you ;)
I remember the noise from around the hide when he used a dead crow as bait, I thought they were going to eat him as well :D

Keep putting milk in Brians tea, he'll make sure they make an appearance for you ;)
I remember the noise from around the hide when he used a dead crow as bait, I thought they were going to eat him as well :D

:LOL: :LOL: he only drinks coffee and I had to take my own milk :shrug: Yep every bit of road kill we see we have got to get !!! Yukkkkkkkkkkkk !!!

I did manage to bake your choccy cake today Stu and just finished icing it! (y) so o.k. for tea tomorrow.

Thanks Nigel, I will not be beaten !!!!!!!!!!!! :bang: :bang: :bang:

I have come to the conclusion that they liked the food cooked not raw :LOL: the choice would have surpassed anybodys top restaurant, it included, Fresh Salmon (which had been on my freezer for ages and would have not got eaten as I get given these regularly :naughty:) liver, turkey leg, chicken wings, day old frozen chicks (defrosted) and a complete chicken in feather, plus 5 chickenn carcasses from the butchers, still no takers, :shrug: may just chuck a few sausages in the pot as well :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

with that little lot you should have stayed another few hours
you would have got some wicked fox shots :)

I will definately get a picture of a buzzard tomorrow, who wants a bet :naughty: ?

Just think how you will feel when that vulture lands and you get the shot.

Forget it!!!! She snores something rotten:D

Oi, I could tell a few tales :naughty: :wacky: :razz: NO I did not fall asleep knowing my luck if I had of done then I would have missed the bugger landing :LOL: anyway my hide is far to small for that got to get a bigger one. :naughty:

Stop it you lot :nono: or this thread will be locked :shake:

Got to go fishing for a "carp brollie" more room.

things can only get better,those Bat photos i saw the other day took 10 years of waiting.

Back