10.5 hours in the hide - 29TH JUNE ANOTHER BUZZARD ADDED

Well done, guys. (y)

Thanks very much Tim:)

Thanks Tim, just wish I had the Canon 400 would have been so much better oh well Canon 70 - 200 going on next but at least we have some.

Brian. love the shots, (y) time has certainly paid off, only went up for literally a couple of hours and as usual was making a cup of tea when it arrived and the phone was ringing (on silent) so did not know where to turn. :LOL:

I do know what you mean. At least your phone was on silent, mine wasnt and would you believe someone sent me a text just as i was taking shots of the flaming thing, talk about sabotage:D:D

Yay, nice Nicki and Brian, time and perseverance have paid off, knew you could do it :)

Cheers Stu appreciated

Well done guys. All that time and effort is now showing the rewards :clap: (y)

just wish I had the Canon 400 would have been so much better oh well Canon 70 - 200 going on next but at least we have some

If the weather is good next weekend Nicki and you don't have anything else on, I can bring my 400 down for you to use.

Di

Well done guys. All that time and effort is now showing the rewards :clap: (y)

If the weather is good next weekend Nicki and you don't have anything else on, I can bring my 400 down for you to use.

Di

Thanks Di, problem is working weekends now till I go on holiday in September, work gone a bit mad at the mo.

Just have to sit it out when I get a couple of hours in the week with the 70 - 200 (y)

Really enjoyed watching this (assume its a youngster) enjoying himself:

Looks safe

D31_9524-1.jpg

Nice here in the sun

D31_9535.jpg

Whats that, i will jump on it

D31_9533.jpg

Time for a nice scratch

D31_9542.jpg

Bet Nickis chickens would taste nice

D31_9544.jpg

I missed the shot when he stopped for a piddle.! Hope he survived the shooting that was going on that eventing.

Last edited:
Well done Nicki and Brian re the buzzard. Some nice shots there.

Am just about to head back tomorrow from my holiday in Sri Lanka, got some great images to post up. Sadly no birds of prey though but loads of kingfishers !!!!

Cheers Graham, Kingfishers from Sri Lanka:thinking:, do they count:D:D, look forward to seeing them.

Had a couple of hours after strimming and this turned up :D

Buzzard021edit.jpg

I liked the way the flies are on its back (y)

Still not got the PP right but practicing.

Just giving you all an update.

Unfortunately due to the illness of my mother I have not been able to get out with the camera at all in the last 2 months, but off to Kenya in 2 weeks so hopefully there will be some more photos on other threads soon.

Meanwhile the buzzards and kites have been sighted feeding on the ground outside the hide and also muntjacs and foxes were spotted only yesterday.

Fernface captured some photos the other day and they are on the bird thread.

Big Budgie came on Friday afternoon and spent 3 peaceful hours up there but nothing sighted, (although he had had a cuppa :LOL:) hopefully he will return and get lucky with some shots.

The annoying thing is that on Sat morning, on looking out at about 8 a.m. there were 4 Kites and 2 buzzards up there feeding.

I suppose that is the luck of the draw :shrug:

Just a quick update to say that I have not forgotten this thread and will be posting some more photos when I get the time . (y)

Just a few from last Wednesday. Frantic half an hour, approx 1600hrs, punch up between two kites, one of which jumped up on the post for me, (but it rained!), then a buzzard caused the kites to take to the air, they then began mobbing the Buzzard, hence the pose, which i cant say i like much:D

D31_9974.jpg

D31_9951.jpg

Love the pattern on this ones back

D31_9855.jpg

D31_9913.jpg

Had the best ever visits on Wed/Thu. One buzzard feeding real close, well 25ft for an hour!(i checked the data to be sure):D, then next day another visitor.

This one was forced down by the flaming kites, fairly close to my right

D31_0280.jpg

When it started to spread its wings i sat back expecting it to take off, this was the point focus went a bit awry:D

D31_0283.jpg

They are so awkward when they are walking!, this reminded me of an Ostrich striding out, it did however pose a couple of times on logs for me

D31_0282.jpg

Couple more to share

D31_0286.jpg

D31_0120.jpg

100% crop:)

D31_0173.jpg

I did think of sending Nicki a text "wish you were here", but then i though "nah she is on Safari in the sun":D:D

Thanks for looking - Brian

Just an update folks, had a great time on safari, hating being back home but back off again there next March. :D

Should anyone wish to come and have a go in the hide and try and get some great shots, then please feel fre to contact me and this can be arranged.
Bring your own bait, sit and wait, you never know you may be lucky. (y)

Will continue to feed them in the hope that I can lure them to stay for the winter.

In the meantime enjoy :)

Just a quick update, shooting season now started so not much activity going on in the hide so will wait a couple of months to start feeding them again as they are getting very scared of the gunshot and also us farmers are busy ploughing etc so plenty of food for them on the fields.

Will keep you all posted though. (y)

Back