10 stitches, a brace and a button, for everything else theres pain killers. (blood).

I have every sympathy for you. I've seen a fair few rugby injuries. Hope that it's not worse case scenario for you and that you do get the use of your finger back.

My husband has been injured a fair bit - dislocated shoulder, broken cheekbone, torn hamstrings, dislocated fingers (regular basis now), broken leg, various other torn ligaments and he sayd each time, will hang boots up now. Still playing. Also, my Dad played up until he was 54 - he's also had various injuries but had to finally give up when he got dump tackled by someone half his age and his ribs got broken - Mum threw his boots out :LOL:

oooh, nice.broken a couple of fingers doing karate years back. torn tendons falling off dirtbikes and lifting my 750 when it fell over in the garage.
even crushed/broke two fingers.in the roller door of a lorry.
but never had em carved up like that.
get well soon.

rugby. bloody dangerous.:eek:

I didnt think much of it so I taped them and carried on.

Pretty much sums up rugby compared to football these days!

Football players = wimps - pretty boys

Rugby players = screw loose.

:LOL:

Hope you dont loose the use of your finger.

I have had various injuries while fighting in martial arts tournaments, none ever requiring surgery. My only one that required surgery, was 3 operations to reconstruct a mashed cheek bone and eye socket after a nice bouncer at the royal oak in Leeds hit me with his radio one night a few years ago.
(don't nobody just go of and start slagging doorstaff - I am one myself. There will always be D**kh**ds in any industry)

It spoiled mine and the family's christmas dinner, as all you could hear was the bits bone crunching away as I ate. Went into hospital on the 27th and came out new years eve.

(playing loose head, dont know why, usually 2nd row or 8)

I'm sorry but I have no sympathy for you what so ever:nono: Us second row forwards have no place up with the gorillas at the front of the pack:rules: No 8 is the best position.....at least when the scrum goes "pete tong" you can un-bind and run away:LOL:

Hope the finger is better soon mate;)

Thats bad luck mate, looks a bit ugly too.
Hope it all gets better, and you get full use back.
Dean:)

:eek: Ow hope thats better and fully functional soon

On a plus side the pictures sharp, got good detail although the background is a bit distracting:LOL::D:wacky::bonk:

That looks b****y painful ! It's amazing how painful fingers can be actually....

At 17, and with what looked like a pretty good amateur rugby career ahead of me I cracked 3 ribs and dislocated my right hip, both in the same game.

Got involved in a ruck (I played full back btw) and somebody stamped on my hip, I rolled over in agony and he did the same again, this time on my chest....

Not a violent game, rugby :nono: I was told not to play again as the damage to the tendons around the hip were very bad. That was 30 years ago and I haven't played since.

Hope the recovery goes OK for you.

Steve

will you be able to play the piano after it heals?
waits for reply of.... dont know. couldnt before etc.:LOL:

Nah, I just keep using my toes.

Little update. The stitches are coming out on Monday. Thats going to be fun. That button thing with the wire is going to be sitting there for 6 weeks! I have been casted up now with some kind of fibre glass brace, its really comfy, much better than the plaster cast ones. I can take it off for the shower too! Woo!

Well, the wire that ran through my tendon and bone came out today. It wasnt really very pleasant as I could feel it run through and come out. Eeeuw. Shortly after a great load of puss followed and then some blood. The surgeon was not expecting this so I am on anti-biotics now.

I can just about make a fist, just. I cant stretch my finger though.

Looking good!

Back