10-stop and Cokin filter holder issue

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I am currently using a screw in filter for long exposures (10 stop filter). there is no light leek around the filter as the filter is screwed onto the lens. I will not be switching to square filters, and the first system I will be trying is the Cokin system. I just got the holder first to check if P series is wide enough for my lens, but looking at it there is a gap between the lens and the closest filter slot. This means that if I slot in a 10-stop filter there will be light leaking in all around the filter. Am I missing something or is the standard Cokin P filter holder not suited for long exposures?

Thank you for any advice on this.

It's generally the better quality (and more expensive) solutions that have gaskets. Lee, Nisi, Formatt Hitech etc. You could of course buy a 10 stop where the gasket is on the filter, but I highly doubt it would fit the cokin P holder exactly.

It's generally the better quality (and more expensive) solutions that have gaskets. Lee, Nisi, Formatt Hitech etc. You could of course buy a 10 stop where the gasket is on the filter, but I highly doubt it would fit the cokin P holder exactly.
Thanks. From what I read the P series 10 stop from Coking does not have a gasket. Only the Z and X series do. Can anyone confirm this?

Edit: Just found on the website: ND32 or above filters come with a foam mask to be inserted between the filter and the filter-holder hence preventing light leaks.

I imagine i could leave such foam on permanently.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back