Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
Finally we did it!

After the inception of this site, just over 19 months ago, we've finally reached 1000 members. Nearly half of those have come since the recent rebranding to Talk Photography, in just 5 or 6 short months. So I think we're certainly onto a winning formula :D

We've had some turbulent times, but right through, since day one, we've tried to create a forum that is fun, informative, and most of all, relaxed and friendly.
Together with the help of you lot, this has been acheived, and we have the Talk Photography forum as we have it today, a place where we constantly receive comments about how friendly and welcoming we are (y)

So I'd personally like to thank all the other members along with the ample help of the site staff, for making this a forum that I actually enjoy loading into my browser everyday :)

(y)

Who was number 1000 - do they get a prize? :LOL:

The next one will have to clean a big, big carpet! (for less than half a crown)

[yes, I'm 50!]

John

And yes Marcel its a superb site!! Thanks for all the hard work!

Forgot to say. Thanks also to everyone who has helped spread the word of this forum.

We could be number one on google, number one on every search forum in the land, but it's the word of mouth that is the best kind of recommendation.
So to all those that have told others to come here, and to those that put links on their personal sites, or in their signatures elsewhere (where allowed of course :))...again, thanks :)

So here's to another 1000 members, onwards and upwards for the good ship TP (shamelessly stolen from a few places in my past).

yeah but how many of them are active though? :bonk: ;)

Every single chuffin one of em :D

Certainly, if you just PM me your credit card number :D....

Many congratulations! The success is well deserved (y)

Well done. And I would like to thank all the staff for all their hard work to make this possible.:clap:
Ok who's next for the sick bucket.:D

Well Done people - another day, another milestone (y)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Onwards, and upwards (y)

:canon: :D

Cong'ratulations to ye and all yer shipmates :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

(not sure I can keep the pirate thing up all day, Darksaber you quit already?)

Well done and congratulations to all the team :clap: :clap: :clap:
This site is an invaluable source of inspiration (y)
Thanks,

Rich

Bugger! I missed the big event! :LOL:

Well done everyone! (y)

Cong'ratulations to ye and all yer shipmates :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

(not sure I can keep the pirate thing up all day, Darksaber you quit already?)

Nay laddie, I just be takin a wee break before I send thee to the depths of the ocean.....or something.

:bonk:

I will echo Marcels comments, a huge thanks to regulars who visit all the time, and to those who spread the word, and to those who have supported us in times of turmoil. We would be nothing without you guys.

What does that matter? We are busier than a lot of other forums of similar size, and getting busier all the time. 1000 is a milestone for any forum, and so we have every right to tell people how proud we are to reach that amount.

Damm there isn't an emicon for this, but you know the thing I like about this site is that its (in the main) BRITISH :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well done to all that live here (y)

Damm there isn't an emicon for this, but you know the thing I like about this site is that its (in the main) BRITISH :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well done to all that live here (y)

there is a smilie for it, in fact 2 of them!

:banana: :beer:

and heres one for all the other sites that just aint as good

:tumbleweed:

:clap: :clap: congrats one and all, for all the hard work and the people for posting pictures and comments they have all helped me long may it continue :clap: :clap: :wave: (y)

Looks like it's stuck tho :eek: :LOL: :coat:

I think this is the best photography forum on the net right now..;)

yesitisaj3.gif

Thanks for all the kind words folks :) Long may the success of this forum continue. And that, is largely down to the members.

We can only provide the infrastructure for the members, it's the community here that builds the forum :)

And Tim? Ace GIF, I nicked that off a site somewhere a few months ago, I can sit and watch it for hours, it cracks me up. :LOL:

i love Python...

19 months already eh,wow! Well from someone who's been here right from the 'get go' pretty much, and continue to be a 'regular" on a daily basis. I can honestly say it is the bestest darn photography site around!

Cheers to everyone that made it happen! :beer:

Jewel

Quite a few I'd guess because you don't need to register to see (most of) the forums and I bet a lot of people lurk for a fair while before actually registering.

Well over the last week a typical day will have between 130 and 150+ members passing through here, I'd say thats a pretty high proportion on a daily basis compared to many other forums (y)

Knew there must be a 1000 up thread here somewhere :)

No doubt the first of many 1000's.

well done all :)

Back