101 seconds on skye

What is a 10 stop filter? Thanks.

It's a fantastic shot and just shows what can be achieved in bad weather (especially if you are a photography genius!)

ND (neutral density) filters come in different strengths according to how much light they block out. A 10 ND is about as strong as it gets but give wonderfully long exposures, even in fairly bright weather. The slow shutter speeds then give the movement to the clouds and water.

Hope that helps. It's a fabululous image to illustrate the use of an ND! :clap:

Discodavor...fantastic photo, ordered myself a ND8 yesterday looking forward to getting it after your inspiring shot!

:clap::clap::clap:

Its all been said before Dave but for my twopennorth that is one of the best landscapes Ive ever seen and if I could just get one half as good I'd be a happy man.

Cheers matey

Andy

Stunning shot really lovily colors, i would of been really happy to get the river looking like that let alone the sky as well just a bonus well done :D

That is a very nice shot! I took my 10 stop filter on my trip to Skye but only used it a few times. The colour cast it can cause does get annoying sometimes as I find it doesn't do it all the time which is very odd!

After seeing that I want to go back again now!

Back