10m band

Name
Emily
Edit My Images
No
A question to the hams on here, has anyone had any luck with the 10m band recently, there was a contest not too long ago on it, I couldn't hear much then and now its completely flat.

I wonder if it's my rig being a little bit deaf on that band.
I'm using a Yaesu FT-991A and EFHW long wire antenna mounted to the third storey roof.

All other bands are fine.

I work 10m regularly and it's been pretty active, especially in the afternoons. I had a 20 minute ragchew with a chap in New Jersey on 10m last week.

I'm running a DX10 through an end fed long wire, and I'm based just south of Warminster, Wilts.

G0WSJ

I've been hearing/reading a lot of reports of activity on 10m but not been checking it myself until Sunday; nothing heard then or today in the early afternoon. I do wonder if the muf is lower than 10m in the last few days?
de G8PMA

I've been hearing/reading a lot of reports of activity on 10m but not been checking it myself until Sunday; nothing heard then or today in the early afternoon. I do wonder if the muf is lower than 10m in the last few days?
de G8PMA

That was my thoughts too, it seems to be all or nothing, hopefully I'll have better results mobile with the firestick antenna.
73 M0YNW

Looking back through my log, I was active on 10 & 12m on the 6th & 7th of Nov. The new new rig and a quick shuffle around with the antenna have vastly reduced the noise on the lower bands, so I've been on 60 & 40m mostly over the last week or so.

I get almost zero noise on 10 & 12, but 80/60/40 were S8-S9 of noise, then I bought the DX10 and my noise floor dropped drastically. I then raised my wire up to around 8m (from 6m) and it dropped a bit more. Suddenly the lower bands are active again. I just can't compete with the hundreds of watts a lot of the other stations say their running :headbang:

Back