15% Adobe Price Increase

Its still a bargain, even if it goes over £10. I don't need to worry about updates and fixes etc. Its probably my smallest annual cost for my photography

byker28i said:
Yup went the same way. Bought photoshop CS 5.5, Lightroom 6, as a mature student at the time I got both for under £200

which is about 2 years use of the latest and greatest versions of LR an PS CC.

Agree and if I was still studying then I might have looked more at CC. At the time Lightroom was £150 and Photoshop around £600, which makes CC look much better value.

and yet even if its due to currency fluctuations you never see the price go down...
I'm certainly no currency/financial expert (so will happily accept I'm totally wrong), but hasn't the GBP been on an overall decline compared to USD?

GBPvUSD.jpg

Looking at my records - I started on the 'Photography' plan in Dec 2013 at £8.78 per month, this went down to £6.98 in August 2015 (I can't remember why, maybe a 1 year special deal or something), I'm currently paying £8.57 which is due to increase to £9.98*.

So, for me, the cost hasn't risen dramatically despite the GBP trending downwards against the USD in recent years.

Obviously I'd be much happier if the price was reduced. :)

* - I won't actually be paying £9.98 in the coming year as I recently bought a 12 month plan from Amazon when it was on offer (equiv. £6.87).

I've never had a problem with Adobe's pricing, but this has definitely made me reconsider using Premiere. I don't really do much video editing, and I ditched Vegas to use Premiere as it was only and extra £7 per month to have Premiere on top of Lightroom and Photoshop. Jacking the prices up by 40% has made me think that I don't want to invest too much effort in learning Premiere as it may become too expensive in the future.

*Mod edit* Affiliate link removed

Rules

Prohibited content

• Piracy (of the internet kind), anything naughty or criminal. Market research, surveys etc.
    • Anything that makes you money (or goods) from our community (Referral links etc).
    • Anything else that just isn't nice.

How does that link make me money from the community? Did you even check the link? o_O

How does that link make me money from the community? Did you even check the link? o_O
It's a bit of a give away with that tagged on the end!
https: &mv=affiliate

If that isn't you, then someone else is making money each time the "offer" is taken up from the link you posted

Last edited:
It's a bit of a give away with that tagged on the end!
https: &mv=affiliate

If that isn't you, then someone else is making money each time the "offer" is taken up from the link you posted

I simply pasted the link from an article which the popular tech website TechRadar put up the other day offering 15% off the CC subscription fee.

I couldn't care less who makes an affiliate bonus if it means the community save money. Anyway...

People have odd priorities for their cash. People spending fortunes on cameras then not investing in lenses, people buying lenses but not investing time to practice etc.
Spending thousands on a wedding, but not seeing it as relevant to invest in good photographs to record it all for future posterity.

I'm using google photo free storage and google snapseed free editting but I'm a cheap skate!!

Makes me realise just what a very good deal we are actually getting
That's the price for the complete CC, not just PS/LR, though. On the other hand, how many people need all these packages? Adobe used to have useful CS subset bundles like Design Standard - full CC can be very poor value compared to these if you're only using some of the applications.

Well when mine runs out (years sub) I'll most likely jump over to On1, sure not quite as good but they often do an offer for $49.99, as the do at the moment via their email link, so a one off and at least they're still developing their product, unlike Adobe, or at least that's how it feels to me

That's the price for the complete CC, not just PS/LR, though. On the other hand, how many people need all these packages? Adobe used to have useful CS subset bundles like Design Standard - full CC can be very poor value compared to these if you're only using some of the applications.
I know that. I was referring to our own particular dealhere. We get the full Adobe CC for £17.62. And we use Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere Pro, After Effects and Audition on almost a daily basis with Acrobat, Dreamweaver, InDesign etc on a less frequenc basis.

I know that. I was referring to our own particular dealhere. We get the full Adobe CC for £17.62. And we use Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere Pro, After Effects and Audition on almost a daily basis with Acrobat, Dreamweaver, InDesign etc on a less frequenc basis.
Large site licence or academic pricing? Our current annual quote is actually a bit cheaper than that, which looks good compared to the standard rate, but not compared to Design Standard (which didn't cost much more for a perpetual PS/Illustrator/Indesign/Acrobat Pro CS6 licence - we don't use PP, AE, Audition or Dreamweaver).

Large site licence or academic pricing? Our current annual quote is actually a bit cheaper than that, which looks good compared to the standard rate, but not compared to Design Standard (which didn't cost much more for a perpetual PS/Illustrator/Indesign/Acrobat Pro CS6 licence - we don't use PP, AE, Audition or Dreamweaver).
No nothing like that. My partner and I both need a licence so we just enquired about a discount right at the beginning, no term was ever discussed but we expected it to stop after a few months or a year maybe at the most but it has kept on going ever since.

there unfortunately isnt really any alternative so we just have to accept the price increases. Honestly though, the pound is weak right now and prices will rise in all aspects of life

It is non destructive

Unlike some others
Really, it was the first thing I checked and unless what I read was outdated then it said bit were and others not...

just watching a couple of vids now - their content aware fill is outstanding!

Back