16GB, 133X, £20.99

Can't say I'm that impressed by MyMemory with regards to returns:

Dear Andy,

Thank you for returning your item.

I have refunded your item for the full amount minus a re packaging fee. Please allow 2-3 working days for this to appear in your account.

After checking the information on our site the 16GB Kingston compact flash card is not compatible with the D700. The largest compact flash card you can use with this camera is an 8GB

So they've charged me to send the item back by levying a re-packaging fee, even though Kingston have confirmed a firmware fix - the D700 definately does NOT have a 8 gig limit either :(

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/camera_multi_page.asp?cid=6007-9550

Pretty unimpressed tbh!

I was looking at the 16gb Kingston cards from 7dayshop £17.99 incl delivery but found some interesting posts on other forums saying that some people had problems on D200 where that once the card got to 8gb used then the camera would stop recording the images on the card even though it told you it had 300+ free images and looked as if it was writing to card. Other D200 users said they hadn't seen the same issue but I thought it best not to take the chance. In the end I got 2 x 8gb Kingston 133x card for about £22 with free delivery and thought this was the safer option.

TG - How is the own brand one working out for you - any good? Does it get a (y) or a :thumbsdown: or is it a bit early to say yet

Leon

This is actually the second 16gb one i've had from them but to be honest not really used the first one to full capacity yet, although i have taken quite a few shots with it just never filled it to capacity,i can't see any problems with it though and it seems just as quick as the sandisk extreme III,s that i have so i have no complaints, i'm guessing they are having a lot of orders for them hence late deliveries and getting lost in the post :shrug: i have used them before though for other stuff and not had any problems, i guess you can only speak as you find and the one that got lost was just bad luck it could happen to any company, i don't think i would have a problem using them again.

I've used them before for USB sticks and the like and found them to be very good-It's the compatability that worries me a little in this instance, especially as they have been more than a little unfair on PD-I would be rather annoyed if I bought something that was advertised to work in my device, found it didnt and subsequently had to pay a restocking fee when I returned it-thats a bit poor in my book.

Notice the common theme with all the cameras that have problems with this ;)

What is the best deal on this size now?

the day i ordered my memory from here my cc details were used to buy a 100 quid top up on a vodaphone mobile!!!!!!

I'm ringin the bank now to find out what i can do...anyone help???

edit : lloyds tsb have been good about it and refunded the £100 but thats not the point , be very careful with this site.

Last edited:
Are you sure there is a connection or just coincide?

You'll need to contact your bank ASAP to dispute the charge.

Not noticed anything strange on my card though.

Back