18650 batteries

the flashlight officionados will warn on the dangers of using unbranded chargers and 18650 batteries and even then not charging Li ion batteries unattended. I got mine form Torch direct the Fenix aer1-x charger and batteries have good internal safety circuitry that prevents over charging.

Go to your local vape shop . That's what all the large ecigs use.

I've been using 18650s (& 26650s) for years in my torches, and have a variety of chargers and batteries I've acquired from Ebay and other cheap sellers. I've always taken the precaution of never buying either a type of battery or a type of charger which hasn't got good reviews and an absence of problems from reports by purchasers. I've never had any problems.

It's interesting the way the large ecigs have improved the market! Some of the best high capacity and high drain batteries have been developed for the ecig market. My fiercest torch at max puts out 3800 lumens from a single 26650 cell, drinking amps like a camel drinks water.

AW and Fenix are good brands as far as I know from my flashlight days. Expensive though at £10+ each.

I bought cheap ones on ebay and they were advertised as having double the power life of the Fenix ones but lasted 4 times less. How does that work ?

Plus they are dangerous if badly made or charged with a rubbish charger.

Not as dangerous as LIPO batteries, I charge those in fireproof bags because they can burst into flames

pays your money gets what you pay for, cheap is generally cheap for a reason

Thanks for the replies, thought I was subscribed to the thread but wasn't so got no notifications. With regards to the e-cigs, I heave seen somehwere that they use a flat topped battery, unless that info was wrong?
Certainly some e-cigs use flat-topped batteries, and some torches don't care which kind, and some torches insist on button topped, and some torches and e-cigs don't accept the full range of lengths which these batteries cover, only a few mm difference, but sometimes that last mm matters.

Even the best brands can be a bit hit and miss - amazon are good at exchanging within 12 months if you have any issues (just quote SOGA)

I have a few decent chargers but my paranoia tells me to only charge when im in the house, I have had batteries explode before and its not pretty.

Just got the Nitecore i8 and so far so good on that.

Back