1915 Kodak Autographic 1A Junior

Raymond Lin

I am Groot
Name
Raymond
Edit My Images
No
Walked by LCE today and saw it at the window....comes with original leather case, manual and the shutter release. Dated 1915 on the camera.

It is still functional but bought it as more a display piece....cost...£30!

6uG5Kjv.jpg

5Ke8Yp0.jpg

q1DsYad.jpg

4WcRbfr.jpg

uWfrepX.jpg

l0uSoHy.jpg

xDhP176.jpg

6n1LllS.jpg

And it will also take a very good photo.

Last edited:
Very nice but you will have to run at least one film through it ! I doubt we will be looking at a Canon DSLR in 100 plus years .

Last edited:
Very nice but you will have to run at least one film through it ! I doubt we will be looking at a Canon DSLR in 100 plus years .
Unfortunately, you cannot buy Autograph film anymore. The 1A used 116 film which is wider than 120 film.

Last edited:
Terrific. Love it, I’m a firm Kodak loyalist but have a penchant for the digital ones, namely the DCS Pro series.

Unfortunately, you cannot buy Autograph film anymore. The 1A used 116 film which is wider than 120 film.
A simple adaption can be made using a 120 take up spool and a rawlplug.

Afterwards one can use standard 120 film .

The caveat is having to compose for the smaller film size when viewing the image in in the viewer .
A minor detail really.

It's a thing of beauty.

A simple adaption can be made using a 120 take up spool and a rawlplug.

Afterwards one can use standard 120 film .

The caveat is having to compose for the smaller film size when viewing the image in in the viewer .
A minor detail really.

Like most of these cameras there is always a work around a quick look online and you will see 120 roll film can be used !
The film is narrower so will not line up well with the 116 film gate - and the image size is longer by 20 mm so the frame numbers on the backing paper will be useless - but, yes, it can be done.

That's a lovely piece of kit. A good discovery - especially for the price. :cool:

My daughter bought me one from a charity shop and somewhere on here I posted about using it. I made a film gate for 120 out of cardboard but it did leave some scratches on the emulsion. I got some reasonable shots from it although there was a slight light leak

Back