ELR260507-16.jpg

ELR260507-17.jpg

ELR260507-28.jpg

ELR260507-31.jpg

ELR260507-38.jpg

ELR260507-39.jpg

Oh these are lovely, really lovely. (y)

What lens, nice and sharp they are!

kool shgots, shame i cant make it this year, that guy in the blue with the identity card.... last year i saw him at two war events around the country he played a jewish POW last year

very nice, i have some shots of me dressed up for one of those a couple of years ago at the Severn Valley Railway 40's weekend, the ex liked the idea lol and before you ask NO i am not showing you the pics !!! lol

Oh these are lovely, really lovely. (y)

What lens, nice and sharp they are!

Nikon 17-55mm F2.8 and Nikon 70-200mm F2.8 VR

and before you ask NO i am not showing you the pics !!! lol

I will :D

Great shots, I particularly like the one with the pipe in his mouth. Just seems to shout that era to me loud and clear.

Hello I was playing the bagpipes at this event on the Monday at Irwell vale and Ramsbottom I was wondering if there are there any pics of me??

cheers Daz

Hello I was playing the bagpipes at this event on the Monday at Irwell vale and Ramsbottom I was wondering if there are there any pics of me??

cheers Daz

I'll have to check, but I think my dad did try to get one of you.

I'll ask him at weekend.

Very nice, I like those alot. 1st one stands out especially with the lipstick on his cheek.

3rd it good aswell, the desaturation works well.

Result! :D

Some really good shots there -Oy-.
1st shot instantly made me think 'Dads Army' ... puts on voice "Do you think thats wise, sir" :)

Also really like the last shot of the couple ... looks very vintage, & reminds me of 'Pennies From Heaven'.

Do you go to these sort of events often? What actually goes on at them?
How comfortable are the people with having cameras put in their faces?

Im inerested in attending one of these butI dont have any long lenses.

People shots from the ELR "War Weekend"? Righto...

arp-warden.jpg

Do you go to these sort of events often? What actually goes on at them?
Basically, it's re-enactors travelling up and down the East Lancs Railway line, sometimes interacting between themselves as well.
How comfortable are the people with having cameras put in their faces?
Generally, they don't seem to mind... but you'll know by their body language if they've had enough.
Im inerested in attending one of these butI dont have any long lenses.
All I use is a Sigma 18-125. That got me some good shots, given I could only visit the event on the last day.

Thanks for that Dave.
I may be getting a pass for one of these events but wasnt really sure what to expect.
I was involved with re-enactments myself (medieval) some years ago but with that, there was plenty of freedom of movement, I somehow envisage this as being quite restrictive if its confined to a railwayline/station.

Are the events popular/crowded?

It is a popular event, and can get crowded... especially if the weather's fine.

Thanks Dave ... keep looking at your pic and thinking 'They dont like it up em'! :D
Heh. Have another...
nan.jpg

It's not pinsharp, due to the shot being handheld (as the vast majority of my work is), the shutterspeed being 1/50. and the lens nearing the 125mm end.

I like that too Dave, not sure I'll get much chance with the candid stuff ... not when Im poking my 85mm in their faces anyway! :LOL:
You'll never know until you try it. :)

Back