1st attempt with a telescope

skd

Name
George
Edit My Images
Yes
My first time shooting through a telescope.

I know its OOF but its my first attempt and the clouds were fast moving.

1374841_3627432739897_669773161_n.jpg

all comments welcomed

George like the latest one.
Is that scope a refractor?
Alan

Telescopes are such fun!! Well done on your moon images, especially like the second one. Are you looking at getting more into astro photography, such as deep space objects?

Telescopes are such fun!! Well done on your moon images, especially like the second one. Are you looking at getting more into astro photography, such as deep space objects?

Yeah I will be after seeing the results I got from the moon, I was amazed.

I'm going to try planets next as I do not think my scope is upto deep space photography

So, how would you possibly do this? Do you just focus down the end of the scope?

There is adapters you can get to attach your telescope to a camera, basically turning the telescope into a massive lens, but manual controls

Ah, can you advise what equipment to use?

I am a newbie myself at it, But before you start its a good idea to check if you can use your camera without the lens attached

But I have a Celestron Nexstar 90GT telescope.

Then I bought a Sony T2 Mount, this attaches to your camera

Also I needed a Universal T-Adaptor to suit the telescope.

The T2 and T adapter join together then one end goes on camera and other goes to the telescope.

I first bought the adapters from ebay, but returned them as the mount fitment for the camera was shocking.

If you go down this path I have read & learnt that your better off spending a few extra £ more.

I bought both my parts from WEX.

That...
Is...

STUNNING..!!!

Amazing photo, it's shots like these that make me want to spend money on things I don't need lol

I didnt need it myself, I was just in Costco with the other half and came across it.

I see some really nice views with the telescope, I still need to shoot planets tho, but its been cloudy lately

would you mind if I asked how much the scope was and if you would have any exif data for the 2nd shot please?

The scope was £150, then the T2 adapter & T mount was £40 from WEX.

The data I have is as follows.

That's brilliant, thanks for that. Now to resist the temptation to spend money I'm mean't to be saving to upgrade my body lol.

Its like photography tho, the more you spend the better.

But I didnt really want to spend too much for my first telescope incase I didnt enjoy it or couldnt attach a camera.

This is my A77 on my scope

1383179_3627097411514_127930680_n.jpg

Back