1st shots with extension tubes.

PauloWanClift

Suspended / Banned
Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Fairly pleased, quite enjoyed getting down amongst the weeds this evening with the kid :D

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0078-1.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0096-1.jpg

DSC_0102.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

I love my extension tubes, I've had a set since I first learnt on an old OM10.

The first image really stands out to me - the shallow DoF that the tubes force can be restrictive sometimes but on this image it really works well.

It's also nice and bright which is something that brings some of the other shots down a little - because you're so close to the subject, one of the problems is the available light and some of these images are a little dark for my taste. A little processing to bring up the brightness and maybe colour saturation might help a bit but their composition is nice.

Hope you don't mind the comments... keep experimenting with them!

Nah its cool man, I want to improve. Think I may have to invest in some better lighting or lash something together.

Nah its cool man, I want to improve. Think I may have to invest in some better lighting or lash something together.

The holy grail of macro flash is a ring-flash which mounts to the end of your lens - very expensive though :(

Before you berate yourself too much, try playing with the exposure settings in whatever software you're using. Or use a tripod and leave the exposure a little longer.

A smashing set. Some are a little dark and could easily be fixed with a levels tweak in Photoshop.

Hope you don't mind but here's a quick alteration on the one.

Mark

DSC_0062.jpg

Nice, thanks. Think I'll be using the clone tool a bit more often as well :D

A good set (y)

I like the 1st one most - as others have commented, some are rather dark but can be improved. It looks like they're sharp enough although DOF is pretty small and I may have chosen different parts for focus, easier said than done especially if hand held.

I deffo need better lighting, I'm getting better albiet less zoomed in results with the tubes and my 170mm-500mm, I guess that's because I'm further away with the bigger lens it gives me more natural light, which on a sunny day like today was great. I may leave the real close up stuff to indoors where I can control the conditions better and use my tripod and go for longer shutter speeds.

Thumbnail ^^ That's with my 500mm at 170mm.

Last edited:
Back