1tb USB memory sticks?

Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone got experience with any?
I am keen to try one, may avoid the £20 jobs out of assumed fakeness but am reluctant to spend over £100 unless they last!
It's to use in my music streamer (Bluesound Node 2i) to store my library so speed isn't important but it will be left on for very long times.
Thanks for any help!

I wouldn't use usb memory cards to store on unless it was backed up elsewhere. That being said, I wouldn't store on any media with out a backup on another form of media. Sadly they all fail.

I wouldn't use usb memory cards to store on unless it was backed up elsewhere. That being said, I wouldn't store on any media with out a backup on another form of media. Sadly they all fail.
That wasn't my question. But thanks for the reply.
I just use an SSD drive with a USB cable attached. Memory sticks fail too often IME - even good ones. :(
OK, thank you. I had an ssd which I used in the same way as you but it failed hence my question. Maybe I should try another, or an M2 drive - will that possibly last any longer I wonder....?

I’ve been using a 512Gb micro SD in my Fiio M11 for 18 months almost everyday. It was the biggest available at the time so I’d have no problem using a 1Tb.

Looking at a calculation website I see that a 1TB drive will hold about 143,000 x 7MB audio files. Listening to music 24 hours a day will give you 33 days of music with no repetition. For the life of me, I can't imagine why on Earth anyone would need a 1TB drive for this especially as the Node2i gives you access to any of this music at any time? I'm not criticising, I'm just very curious.

If my music were stored as lossless FLAC rather than VBR / high bitrate compressed files (because I can't hear the difference) I'd probably have around a TB (plus a bunch of currently unripped CDs).

That wasn't my question. But thanks for the reply.

OK, thank you. I had an ssd which I used in the same way as you but it failed hence my question. Maybe I should try another, or an M2 drive - will that possibly last any longer I wonder....?
There's no reason why an M.2 drive should last longer than any other SSD. There's no real difference in the technology, only the interface.
I would go for a good quality external SSD.

There's no reason why an M.2 drive should last longer than any other SSD. There's no real difference in the technology, only the interface.
I would go for a good quality external SSD.
Ok, so maybe I just got unlucky. I'll have a look to see what's available.
Looking at a calculation website I see that a 1TB drive will hold about 143,000 x 7MB audio files. Listening to music 24 hours a day will give you 33 days of music with no repetition. For the life of me, I can't imagine why on Earth anyone would need a 1TB drive for this especially as the Node2i gives you access to any of this music at any time? I'm not criticising, I'm just very curious.
I have about 35,000 tracks and there are many that are NOT available on Tidal, Qobuz or Spotify. I also have a lot of playlists which are a mix of my music and streamed.
I also have music playing for 12 hours a day at least, and given that we have a multi room setup, there can be 3 different songs playing at any one time.

Back