2 Cameras, which one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard a lot about the 'Nifty Fifty'. What spec is that and what price can i expect to pay for one? Failing that and i can't get either, what other 'walkabout' lens could i look at (Budget around £140).

So, as you can see, i decided to go back to the 1000D. The pentax keeps eating away inside my head but i don't know what it is but something keeps telling me to stick with Canon, don't buy the K-x.

Try searching this site

Have to agree with Arkady...

If you buy one from Argos you can keep taking them back for refunds and maybe start up a review site :shrug:

no ! but seriously ! :LOL: . I think the nikon d3000 is a much better camera than canon 1000d ! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

The best camera is the one that the end user is content with both aesthetically and functionality wise whether it be nikon/canon/sony or pentax.

There is however nothing shabby with the 1000D. Its how you use it that counts.
These aren't pro bodies so the way they are used and the differences between them become minimal.

Anyway lets see where this thread heads!!!!
:canon:

Why not just buy a 1000D? You decided on that model previously, were happy with it, so just go buy one! ;)

The best camera is the one that the end user is content with both aesthetically and functionality wise whether it be nikon/canon/sony or pentax.

There is however nothing shabby with the 1000D. Its how you use it that counts.
These aren't pro bodies so the way they are used and the differences between them become minimal.

Anyway lets see where this thread heads!!!!
:canon:

I'm just kidding ! :D . of course it doesn't matter. but - since I've said that to OP at least 3 times, now is the play time ! :D

The best camera is the one that the end user .........................................................

actually has in his hands instead of in a box at Jessops ...................:LOL::LOL::LOL:

He might not make it to the shop on Friday, he could spend the full day debating which foot to start walking with.

downhill rapidly now :cautious:

slippery.png

OK.

you need to go to your nearest camera shop that you haven't had any dealings with so far.

Hand the assistant your debit card.

You can spend 3, yes, THREE, minutes with each camera, and then, after your total 12 minutes, choose which one you are going to walk away with. You then type in your pin and walk out with a camera.

You then take some bleeding photos instead of worrying about inconsequential technical specs...

Well, i quickly dismissed the D3000 when Jessops opened the box and there was no kit lens in it etc which after some reading made me realise it was definitely the wrong choice for me.

The 1000D looks like a winner to me, unless the K-x grabs me by the b...s on friday!

They are both ace cameras and that is a fair comment from someone who has looked at tons of reviews and asked hundreds of questions and who has got a strong 'hate' base of fans on here!! lol

I liked the feel of both the 1000D and K-x. I will have to purchase a lens for the 1000D but not so with the K-x. At the moment, i am leaning towards the 1000D.

I will check both out on friday and see what happens.

If anyone can give me their views on both the 1000D and K-x then that would be most welcome.

Is anyone opening a book to see if i actually buy a camera on friday? :D

Gee, there are some real sods on this forum!! lol :D

Thanks for anymore advice that anyone can give regarding my 2 choices above. (y)

Seriously though Tony, you have had the 1000D, taken over 60 shots with it but you still want other peoples opinions on it? What else are people to say to you in a thread that you won't have experience using the 'awesome' Canon (as you put it on your other thread about buying it) already. Are you just carrying on with this to try and get this thread as long as possible?

You've been on here for about a month, nearly have as many posts as me and pretty much 99% of them have been about "what XXXX should I buy".

I want a smiley that shows someone tying a noose around their own neck and kicking out the stool beneath them. Right now that would be less painful than this thread continuing.

Edit: This'll do......
suicidesmiley.gif

Wow, I have just read the whole thread, All I can say to the OP is good luck with whatever camera you get, and don't take it back for a refund.:D

May I ask why you suddenly ruled out the Nikon D3000, was it just because the kit lens was missing or was it something else?

Gee, there are some real sods on this forum!! lol :D

Thanks for anymore advice that anyone can give regarding my 2 choices above.

considering the amount of help and assistance you have received, your comment above will hardly generate yet more advice

old saying.........."Put up, or SHUT up"

Is this still dragging on?

So let me get this straight- you couldn't decide between 2 cameras, then 3 or 4 cameras, picked one then rejected it, picked another tried to sell it then took it back, awaited reciept of s/h camera which didn't happen now can't decide now over several other cameras and the one you bought but returned.

:help:

Wow, I have just read the whole thread, All I can say to the OP is good luck with whatever camera you get, and don't take it back for a refund.:D

May I ask why you suddenly ruled out the Nikon D3000, was it just because the kit lens was missing or was it something else?

Noooooooooooo don't go there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bang:

Ok - looks like Tony is set on Canon - placed an ad in wanted section for a lens.

Limits us to a brand!

Blimey, some of you lot are so friendly! :bang:

If you don't like the thread, don't read, don't post! Simples.

I have tried the 1000D. Like it, ordered another body. Pentax K-x due in same day at said camera shop. Got the chance to try both side by side. Just wanted views on which would be the better choice, which, nobody has gone into detail about. If the 2 have been reviewed side by side by any of you and you have a view then let me know but please, only post if you can help in the above matter. Don't post if you are going to slag me off.

Nice Link Jamie - not seen that website before.

Cheers (y)

Blimey, some of you lot are so friendly! :bang:

If you don't like the thread, don't read, don't post! Simples.

but surely you can see just how entertaining it is.................you can't blame us for laughin at you with this now. Surprisingly with the amount of c**p comments like this you've had alot of help

What specific advice do you want about the cameras? As all you seem to want is other peoples opinions but you have not advised in which area. It's been said many a time on this thread, that at this entry level of DSLR there is not alot in it.

Don't get caught up with every little detail, you've enjoyed the Canon, there are 1000's of 2nd hand lenses kicking about for them (just look at the for sale section on here).

but surely you can see just how entertaining it is.................you can't blame us for laughin at you with this now. Surprisingly with the amount of c**p comments like this you've had alot of help

Crap comments! How do you expect me to react when some of you lot have been so bitchy towards me?

Ok, it is taking a hell of a lot longer for me to get my head around choosing a DSLR. A lot longer than most. Sorry.

Have a count on the thread and you will see there are a lot of posts just slagging me off for not deciding. Again, sorry for my indicision.

Crap comments! How do you expect me to react when some of you lot have been so bitchy towards me?

Ok, it is taking a hell of a lot longer for me to get my head around choosing a DSLR. A lot longer than most. Sorry.

Have a count on the thread and you will see there are a lot of posts just slagging me off for not deciding. Again, sorry for my indicision.

there are a lot of comments laughing cause you ain't that decisive, but bitchy, not sure where you are reading, but they might be pulling your leg but they're light hearted and in fun - why do you struggle to tell the difference? And your comments are crap, most people here have bent over, given their time and konwledge freely to help and all you've done is come out with that sort of BS

Saw the link to this thread from ocuk.
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18167853

Biggest pile of BS I've ever read. The first picture I want to see taken is the damaged 550D. Hell PM me your home address and I will send you a kodak disposable so you can take a picture of this imaginary damaged 550 ;)

Second thoughts scrub that you would need a scanner and the world couldn't take the pain with all the choice of scanners out there. ;)

Nobody, not one person has stated they have actually tried both and come up with thier favourite.

It is easy to read the specs and go by that, but buying a DSLR has a lot more to it for me.

After a load of head scratching i have got my list down to 2. Deciding which one is a little hard for me. Sorry.

As i said, i will try both side by side on friday.

I suppose what scratches away in my mind about the K-x is the fact that lots of people have complained about the AF points not lighting up, the battery issues.

With the 1000D it is the low buffer that i have read about, that the camera is now 2 year old.

I really can see me getting the 1000D. Just have to see on friday.

Today, i went to 3 camera shops and each shop gave me a different choice out of my list as the best camera out of the bunch!! One shop said i should be looking at buying a Nikon, another said the K-x was the better and the last shop said i should stick with Canon!! They each said why i should choose the cameras they recommended, each having different answers. I was more confused than if i re-read this thread!!

I don't want to spend the money and then a month down the line realise i made the wrong choice. This is why i have dithered for so long.

Having loads of posts slagging me off has not helped either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back