2011 Wedding Favourites

Name
Duncan
Edit My Images
Yes
It's become an annual tradition for me to pull together some of my favourites from each year's weddings ... so here's the show for 2011. I've had a really fun year with lots of great weddings, hope that comes through in the show.

2011 Slideshow

The show was put together using Soundslides

Some great images Duncan....not sure about the funky music, I must be getting old..lol

Nice ;)......not so sure about your taste in music though

Last edited:
Well, we're awake now! ... and put the sound straight back on mute! :LOL:

But there are shots there that made me go WOW! and several that made me laugh out loud. It is work to be proud of. :clap:

Great stuff. Always looked at your blog before shooting a wedding for inspiration. Life changes, and I don't shoot anymore, but one day...

Love your work and as said that last picture...simply BRILLIANT!

That was amazing! It made me cry - in a good way!

Some of your images are amazing - the way you use light & shadow is fab, and as someone has said, you shoot from different angles to add richness & texture. Truly inspiring!

Thank you for sharing your work - it gives me a point of reference to where I want to be.

p.s - loving the music too!!

Very enjoyable, Thank you for posting. (y)

Ok I'll ask, what was the Lemur wedding cake for and why does the bride appear to be about to hack it's head off??

David

Ok I'll ask, what was the Lemur wedding cake for and why does the bride appear to be about to hack it's head off??

David

It was a gecko on a lemur on a blue whale, made by one of their friends ...

Why ? I haven't a clue !

i really love the way you shoot through the foreground and use selective focus to find moments!! Love shots, very inspiring!!

what lens do you use? fixed?

ps...site added to my inspiration favourites folder

Cheers, I use a 35 1.4 and an 85 1.8 for the majority of the day.

With a slideshow that long I'll confess I would not often watch until the end. But with that one it was worth sticking with it. Great shots.
Impossible to pick a favourite. But the very last shot would be in the reckoning for me.(y)(y)
What did you do to suprise/scare the baby about 2.5 minutes from the end??:LOL:

Fantastic slide show (y) I loved every minute of it including the the music (y) I love that kind of music (y) there was only one photo that made me think what the.... and that was the boat one, I love the idea but what was the deal with the random sticking out the top of the B&G would have had to clone that out, though would rather just not have him there (y)

I have to echo Yvonne in the inspiration front (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Fantastic slide show (y) I loved every minute of it including the the music (y) I love that kind of music (y) there was only one photo that made me think what the.... and that was the boat one, I love the idea but what was the deal with the random sticking out the top of the B&G would have had to clone that out, though would rather just not have him there (y)

I have to echo Yvonne in the inspiration front (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Cheers, I like to leave or include random passers-by in shots, makes things a bit more real (IMHO)

With a slideshow that long I'll confess I would not often watch until the end. But with that one it was worth sticking with it. Great shots.
Impossible to pick a favourite. But the very last shot would be in the reckoning for me.(y)(y)
What did you do to suprise/scare the baby about 2.5 minutes from the end??:LOL:

They were going to put his thumbprint into a guest book - I think he was a little suprised by it all ! :)

Wow, no excuses to upgrade from the 85 1.8 to a sig 1.4. Think I need more work!

Lenses do not maketh the photographer ;)

Having said that I used to use an 85 1.2 but got fed up with the weight.

Just found out you live abut 3 miles from me.....if you notice a strange fat bloke hanging around looking for photography tips, it'll probably be me!!! ;)

Hi Duncan, excellent stuff as usual! (y)
Bumped into your Mum today, and mentioned this thread, and her reply: "I taught him everything!" :D

I always enjoy your end of year slideshows and this one is no exception - excellent work as always.

Fabulous slideshow. I'm a beginner so can I ask: when you go and shoot a wedding do you take lighting with you/just use flash or just use your skill in exposing (no double entendre intended!)? Any other pros please chip in too...

Thanks, I don't really use flash until it becomes to dark to get anything decent, sometimes starting with the speeches, usually the dancing.

In that show the first flash shot is the speech one in the teepee at 1:53 to go.

Super stuff! I think the music suits your style of imagery. You've captured some great moments there, I hope there'll be more in 2012 :)

Back