2012 Olympic Tickets

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Just wondering How many of you applied for tickets for 2012 Olympics and how many of you got some or none at all ?? or am I just lucky in getting 4 out of 6 I applied for..

Looks like i've got nothing. Apparently 55% of all applicants got none of the tickets they applied for.

Looks like i've got nothing. Apparently 55% of all applicants got none of the tickets they applied for.

You see, I heared the stats the other way around. Aparently 1.8million applied, and only 800k didn't get tickets.
That is 44.4% that didn't get tickets at all.

One commentator stated that a lot of people applied for the opening ceremy, and nothing else. As this was over-subscribed, a lot of the stats on people not getting tickets got skewed (IMO).

I applied for 9 events, and by the looks of it, I have gotten 2, out of fencing, volleyball and archery (which would make up the correct amount of money taken. Unfortunately they didn't get the ones on the same days).

Apart from the fact that those that had the ability to 'put aside' a large amount of money on the off-chance of getting all the tickets that they applied for, were able to enter the lottery more times than someone who couldn't afford this, I cannot see how I could have implemented a system which was fairer, whilst ensuring there were no time-wasters (people who didn't pay).

I applied for Athletics, Gymnastics and the football final, I did get £208 worth of tickets and looking at the breakdown from my booking I think I got the football.

That is unless they gave me one ticket from each which would be stupid to say the least! :wacky:

"About 55% of applicants missed out." No doubt some people applying just for the ceremonies or single events will have skewed the stats somewhat, as you say.

I applied for 2 sets of tickets for each of 3 events and failed to get any but 2 were cycling and diving which have fairly small crowds so was always a long shot.

I only applied for one session of athletics ( not a final) but havent got them. I couldnt afford to apply for lots of events in case I got them all and then couldnt afford them.

I did the opposite, applied for 3 events and hoped that I didn't get them all as it was quite expensive!! I didn't even apply for the expensive tickets either because the prices were so high!

I seem to have gotten one of the 4 things I applied for - I recognize not everyone can get tickets but I'm not convinced the way they've done things is the best way! :(

Have I cheated? I applied for the Opening Ceremony, Hockey and Badminton. So did my 20yr old son. Same events, same times etc. So effectively a copied application.

I got nothing. But my son has got one of the three. Five tickets. One for each member of the family:)
Don't know which event yet though. The prices were all the same.

havent checked yet on visa card as never use it other than balance transfer , but sod all on email from 2012 site so I assume got nothing , never mind will save a fortune on travel and hotels and get a decent holiday abroad ;)

I was very lucky, applied for two tickets to the gymnastics and got them.

Even better for me as my brother is the event organiser for gymnastics having spent his life devoted to it in one way or another. So will be a proud moment.

I didn't get any :crying: So if anyone ends up with some they can't afford I'd be interested!

Tori said:
I didn't get any :crying: So if anyone ends up with some they can't afford I'd be interested!

Did you apply? If so you'll get first dibs on the next round which starts in a couple of weeks. You should have an email from the Olympics by the 24th :)

HTH

"About 55% of applicants missed out." No doubt some people applying just for the ceremonies or single events will have skewed the stats somewhat, as you say.

I applied for 2 sets of tickets for each of 3 events and failed to get any but 2 were cycling and diving which have fairly small crowds so was always a long shot.

I was going by the interview with Cole, and what was reported on the radio all through the day.
However, all of the news-papers appear to be reporting the figures you quote above.

Cole is on the telly again this morning.
Claims that over a third of the tickets (2.5m) were for less that £20.
The only ones I saw were the opening session.

Possibly around 100k tickets for the second round. (although he prefers to use thousands).

I got one out of the six sets I was looking for which means I'll just sell them again. Absolutely no point going to London for just one event.

I applied for 3 events and got 1. Womans singles final and mens doubles final so i cant complain

Last edited:
Were did all those tickets go ?

To each individual sports governing body.

Canoe Sprint Olympic Tickets Available from the British Canoe Union
The BCU have a number of tickets available for all days of racing at the Canoe Sprint events at Eton for London 2012 and can now offer these to the Canoe Sprint Community
These tickets are for individual use only and not for resale.
All tickets are full price tickets (e.g. no price reduction for children etc).
Dates and events are:
CANOE SPRINT, Eton Dorney, Buckinghamshire
6 August 09.30 - 11.50 MC1 1000m Heats, Semi Finals, MK1 1000m Heats, Semi Finals, MK2 1000m Heats & Semi Finals, WK4 500m Heats & Semi Finals
7 August 09.30 - 11.30 MC2 1000m Heats & Semi Final, MK4 1000m Heats & Semi Final, WK1 500m Heats & semi Finals, WK2 500m Heats & Semi Finals 8 August 09.30 - 11.15 MC1 1000m Final, Medal ceremony MK1 1000m Final, Medal Ceremony, MK2 1000m Final, Medal Ceremony WK4 500m Final & Medal Ceremony 9 August 09.30 - 11.15 MC2 1000m Final & Medal Ceremony, MK4 1000m Final & Medal Ceremony, WK1 500m Final & Medal Ceremony, WK2 500m Final & Medal Ceremony
10 August 09.30 - 11.55 MC1 200m Heats & Semi Finals, MK1 200m Heats & Semi Finals, MK2 200m Heats & Semi - Finals, WK1 200m Heats & Semi Finals 11 August 09.30 - 11.20 MC1 200m Final & Medal Ceremony, MK1 200m Final & Medal Ceremony, MK2 200m Final & Medal Ceremony, WK1 200m Final & Medal Ceremony
If you are interested in purchasing tickets or for further details contact
Andy Goodsell Competition Manager British Canoe Union
18 Market Place, Bingham,
Nottinghamshire, NG13 8AP

Last edited by a moderator:
Back