• Thread starter Deleted member 34935
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 34935

Since the photographers accreditation (for those not connected with a agency or paper) for Olympics in 2012, closed back in October, anyone who might be shooting will probably know if they are or not.

Just wondered who is from here?

I'll be at Weymouth shooting the sailing.

No chance of getting accredited here - had backing of some newspapers as well. But was still declined on the application..
Might still have a 'back-door' entry to the games.. but I might be more interested in watching the games.. we'll see.

Since the photographers accreditation (for those not connected with a agency or paper) for Olympics in 2012, closed back in October, anyone who might be shooting will probably know if they are or not.

You get approved then? Is that a venue-specific accreditation?

I've no idea whats happening with us, since we're an agency we're not in this bunch...I think...

I had no idea of that. I think I'll avoid the whole thing and go abroad!

You get approved then?

I haven't yet,

Is that a venue-specific accreditation?

Entire media pass closed in October and I missed out. I rang up and they said that you could still apply for the sailing media center in Weymouth.

Digging up the old thread - few weeks ago I got a surprise call to ask if I would be interested in being accredited to the Olympic Games in London... and today I got a written confirmation of the assignment..
(now - how long do you think I was considering before answering)
A regular client of mine had got a call from the National Olympic Commitee to say that their publication had been granted a spot in the games.. and they wanted me to cover the games for them..
So - that's me booked for a good month of work in 2012 (plus they want me to do extensive pre-Olympic reports as well, around UK).
Not sure I still can believe this.. it'll take a while to sink in :banana:

So - that's me booked for a good month of work in 2012 (plus they want me to do extensive pre-Olympic reports as well, around UK).

excellent stuff mate.. well pleased for you... i hope you enjoy it .... good things for good people.. nice one :)

Digging up the old thread - few weeks ago I got a surprise call to ask if I would be interested in being accredited to the Olympic Games in London... and today I got a written confirmation of the assignment..
(now - how long do you think I was considering before answering)
A regular client of mine had got a call from the National Olympic Commitee to say that their publication had been granted a spot in the games.. and they wanted me to cover the games for them..

Excellent news mate, well done (y)

Thanks guys !
When the time comes - I might try to keep a small 'blog' about the happening backstage at the games. Depending on if I am required to work 24 hours a day or what..
Who would have thought that less than seven years ago - I HATED cameras and said that I would never own one... funny how things change...

Glad you got in spook, I was shocked to read you didnt get in after the commitment you put in to Basketball is amazing, Was equally shocked regards the o2 event while back (did you manage to stay for the NBA?)

Are there any events going off round Widnes Ste, i thought of the Albert Square Pick pocketing doubles event, the Shirt lifting and the who can scratch the most BMW's in 10 minutes relay. :D

Are there any events going off round Widnes Ste, i thought of the Albert Square Pick pocketing doubles event, the Shirt lifting and the who can scratch the most BMW's in 10 minutes relay. :D

Not sure mate, I live in Runcorn :LOL:

Thank you once again guys - maybe I need to grab myself some TP gear and wear that at the Olympics !

Phil - very true about sleep.. it is an alien concept to me. I've sampled some lately and think it is highly over-rated :)

Thank Ian - I need to catch up with you in Sheffield one these days!

And I did actually get to the NBA game in the end - with a backing of a magazine (look out for pics next months!!)
Unfortunately commitment one puts in a very much minority sport in the UK - does not raise your stakes with Olympic Organisers.. but happy to have gotten the 'back-door' entry to the games now... and looking fwd to it.

me too... ive got myself a nice back-door route onto a support boat :)

Doing a couple of the warm up events this summer as well, not officially but will be sat off the windward or gybe mark trying to get some nice dunking shots! :)

Back