2013 Slimming Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started at 15st 10 on 13th October but had all my clothes on and it was after lunch so I reckon I will say 21lbs lost as of yesterday

Thinking about starting the fast diet.

Like Nikon Man said, it worked for me as well. I've been on the 5-2 fasting diet since Oct 2012 and my weight has dropped from about 75kg (BMI 25.35) to about 66kg now (BMI of about 22.3). I achieved this weight after a few months in, and have been maintaining it. It's hard at first, but you get used to it and it doesn't impact my life style at all. I also chose Mondays and Thursdays as my fasting days.

How many calories do you have on the fast days. Or do you actually have none?

It's what I did to help me lose weight. Basically had sugarfree red bull to wake me up, water all day and a meal in the evening. I struggled initially but adapted. As I've mentioned in the past, it has helped me re establish that feeling of satiety and I've lost 3 stone as a result.

If you're going to do it this way, the best way to get through the day would be to space out your calories evenly throughout the day and have the lowest GI carbs, such as rye bread for example, every so often.

If you do this and grt it right, you won't feel hungry as much.

TBH I found that I couldn't sleep if I was hungry. Hence I preferred to have a large meal in the evening rather than space the calories throughout the day. The thought of being able to eat that chocolate dessert the following day (for breakfast!) drove me to quell the hunger. Strangely enough, after a while, I just didn't crave junk food any more though I still had to have chocolate so I went for a small square of dark choc every few days to keep me going.

Also IIRC, you need to keep your protein intake to below 30g on the day of fasting.

Yeah I find sleeping hungry a problem too and so tend to save my calories for as late as possible. My two vice foods are also chocolate and every night I make an allowance in my calorie intake for either a Kitkat or some Maltesers

Last edited:
A lot to read and catch up on here.

Well, It's time I started to work on my weight too.

I've gotten heavier and heavier since my back op a few years back. Over time I've just been less mobile, getting taxis instead of walking - stopped going for daily cycles - have even stopped going for those random walks just to take pics ... I've gotten very lazy.

Last year my cholesterol shot to above 8! and I was over 17 stone. The heaviest I've ever been in my life. I kicked the cig's - I'll be a year off them on the 9th of this month :) one good thing at least. And that helped drop my cholesterol down to 5.6. Still not great, but way better and healthier.

My trouble is, even with that, I didn't lose any weight as such. I'm still about 2 belt sizes greater than I ought to be, and this tummy ... well, nothing seems to trim it. I do try the odd work out, toning exercises - ones that my back can take at least. but i know they're in vain, because I'm not doing them regularly enough.

I need a good kick in the ass to get me motivated. Will have a look through this thread to get some ideas. But if anyone has good suggestions for tummy-toning exercises for a bad back to start?

There was a great article on exercise diet etc on Richard Bacon 5 live Tuesday, available for download, really is worth listening too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back