2016: Poppy locations

I'd be interested to know if there are any about near Leeds or Hull. A family member has requested 'a nice photo of a poppy field'! :)

There was a cracking field on the side of the M62 last year, somewhere on the north side around Goole.
I don't know the area well, but I was travelling that way around the end of the June last year.

There was a cracking field on the side of the M62 last year, somewhere on the north side around Goole.
I don't know the area well, but I was travelling that way around the end of the June last year.

Thanks! I'm driving from Leeds to Hull tomorrow so will keep an eye out. Will let you know if it's there yet.

A bit late in the day, but on the other hand the poppies have only just appeared in the last week in the field beside the Foredown Tower, Portslade (Hove). Best seen from the top floor of the tower, but difficult to photograph from there. During the school holidays, you can get in to the tower on Tuesdays and Thursdays and the last Saturday in the month. It's open courtesy of volunteers and there's a camera obscura.(say 11am - 2pm opening if no-one comes for a 2pm camera demo). I'm there on Tuesdays.

Free parking outside the tower if you just want the field...

I would love to know if there are any around North Wales as well. There was a great one in Glyn Ceriog last year but apparently it was an accident and the farmer has now ploughed the field and it won't be returning.

I know its a late reply but there are poppy fields in Walton Wakefield,

Back