2021 - Import duty, digitalrev?

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
No
I don’t see digitalrev on the forum anymore is that right?

Since 2021 / Brexit I’ve been adverse to importing goods from anywhere.

However there’s some on digitalrev I want, is anyone importing at the moment? Are you receiving parcels ok? Handling fees etc?

I don’t see digitalrev on the forum anymore is that right?

Since 2021 / Brexit I’ve been adverse to importing goods from anywhere.

However there’s some on digitalrev I want, is anyone importing at the moment? Are you receiving parcels ok? Handling fees etc?
Still using Panamoz and E-infinity here, no problems. Both say you won't pay any extra.

Panamoz OK for me too - last ordered on Tuesday and received following Monday. Only six days from Hong Kong and their promise still stands: They will pay any extra, unforeseen charges. (y)

Yeah, another positive for Panamoz. I've ordered twice in a month and both items arrived within 4-5 days. Emails respond quickly too.

But I suppose no one has ordered from digital Rev? I emailed them and they replied to say

When you buy from DigitalRev Store, your import may be subject to import tax and/or duty by the Customs of your country. Customers are responsible for any import duty and/or tax that may be levied by the Customs. To find out if there will be any import tax/duty and how much, please contact your local Customs for details.

So I guess I won’t be ordering, shame

A number of grey importers have stopped shipping to UK for whatever reason. There were a couple others mentioned on this forum.

Looks like e-infinity and panamoz are doing just fine for the time being.

The advantage with Panamoz is the three-year warranty hence they cost a little more than E-infinity

I ordered from Panamoz on a Wednesday and took delivery the following Monday. Quicker that Royal Mail 1st class post.

You must be a really unlucky person if all your 1st class post takes more than five days to arrive. Last stats I saw said 92% of 1st class post arrives next day, rising to something like 97% by the second day.

If it is medium format stuff - they are a little more consumer than this. Sadly no grey importer offers Pentax, Phase, Hasselblad or Fuji MF...

I might suggest a US retailer such as Andorama or B&H if they ship to our country.

£5999 for a £7100 camera :)

£5999 for a £7100 camera :)

You really know how to enjoy the finer things in life :D

I'll have to keep an eye out of a used one if buying it from digitalrev is not advised.

I thought you might have gone for the Fuji GFX100s...100mp isn't to be sniffed at and the lenses options are growing.

Don't particularly need 100MP, I get all the other lovely MF qualities still at 50MP

I would like a more compact setup, and responsive shutter/focus.

as well as the 907x I have a Q2M at the moment, but I have been thinking of ending up with

M10M, M10R
28mm f2, 35mm 1.4 FLE, 50mm 1.4 ASPH - possibly a 90, but no rush :D

I've noticed ebay and aliexpress have started adding 20% vat onto purchases from China destined for the UK since the end of the year, hmrc could be moving round importers and telling them to do the same.

Back