24 hrs in Paris

Edit My Images
No
I have 24hrs in Paris later this month and would love to cover some of the famous sights and capture some of the culture.

I'm planning on heading to Montparnasse Tower for dusk/sunset. Where else is a must visit?

pretty much the whole centre. You can start at the Notre Dame cathedral and work your way through the Louvre (don't plan to cover inside - that's another 1-2 whole days), the gardens to the eiffel tower and then Montparnasse is maybe another 20-30min walk away. That will eat your whole day no problem, I promisse.

You could try doing the river/bridges walk.

Start at the nearest part of the river to you, left or right bank, and then go up one side then down the other until you reach wherever.

Cross back over to your original side then walk back to where you started. On the way take in all the bridges without crossing all the way over. Defeats the object.

The first time I did it I started on the Left Bank at Les Invalides then up to Eiffell. Crossed over the river and popped up to the Trocadero. Back down to Tuilleries, Notre D, then stuck to the river until the D'orsay.

Crossed back over the river and did the left bank until I reached the Invalide again.

Took all day but bloody worth it.

Dont forget the classics, Eiffel tower, Arc de Triomphe are musts, both shooting from the bottom and the top. These are quick and admittedly not the best shots but just posting as an example. Visited last month. Stayed at the Napoleon (nr Arc de T), but none of the main areas are more than a 10-15 minute taxi ride away from each other.

8749110104_884cbea1b3_c.jpg
, on Flickr
^ you can see the Montparnasse Tower, this is a view from midway up the Eiffel tower, quickest elevator in Europe in the Montparasse, should well be worth a visit.

8981279601_8cdfdec387_c.jpg

^ one direction from the Arc de Triomphe. Great views from every side of it to be honest.

8747983733_6b9598ba5b_c.jpg

^ maybe pack a telephoto for a few close ups from up high?

What gear are you taking?

Maybe some street style portraits too?

Personally I'd avoid the Sacré-Cœur and the whole area around it. Didn't really offer anything special and is a bit out of the way, especially if you're only in Paris for the day.

The Court yards at the Louve are pretty impressive, walked there from Notre Dam which was nice, along the river.

Maybe go and get the iconic shots of the padlocks on the bridge?

Last edited:
Great thread idea! Ill be staying in the Marais area for a day or two soon, does anyone know of any great shoot locations around there? Many thanks!

Last time I was in Paris I did a tour of the city on a segway. It was the highlight of the trip, though expensive (€70iirc), and led me to revisit several places I would never have otherwise found.

La Musee de Chasse is good for a laugh (lots of stuffed animals, some in weird places - such as a curled up fox on a chair). But I wouldn't make it a top priority for 1-day trip.

Back