27" Thunderbolt Display

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Has anyone had one or had experience of using one running off a Macbook Pro or similar?

I've got a mid-2014 macbook pro with a 2.5Ghz i7 processor and 16GB of memory. Just wondering if the connection between the two is seamless, or whether I'm likely to experience lag?

The other question is will Apple update be updating these displays any time soon? I'd hate to drop a wedge on one just before an update is released!

Last edited:
Thunderbolt, i.e. displayport connection is as seamless as it could be. However if you mean apple 27" I would certainly pick another respectable brand. They are way out of date and not than impressive at all. Glossy, obvious crosshatching, small colour space. Ewww.

£700 for an average monitor with an annoying shiny screen makes it a crap monitor actually. Avoid the Apple screen.

Any recommendations?

Cheers

Dell U2715H.. Much better screen, and cheaper.

You can also get the U2713H, but as the advantage of that is hardware profiling.. but sadly, not on the Mac... the advantage is lost.. Still an awesome screen though... and that's cheaper too as well.

Apple just charge the earth for mediocre stuff based on how it looks. You're looking at the image on it.. not the monitor itself though. Depends if you want to impress your mates who know no different... or spend less money on a better screen.

Last edited:
The Apple display is long overdue for an upgrade. Now we've had the 5K retina iMac announced last year, surely the updated version must be coming soon. WWDC is scheduled for mid June , I'd wait and see if any announcement is made then. Failing that you might want to look at the Dell option

I have two because that's the only way I can connect two monitors to my Macbook Pro.

If it wasn't for that requirement, I'd have likely opted for a Dell with a similar size and resolution.

Back