2nd attempt at water drops

Edit My Images
Yes
good for a 14 year old and me present i bought myself (well for me)

just had another go, you all know what they are:

These are a really great. I personally would try for a slightly lower angle for the shots and either crop out or clone out the back of the bowl you are using. Still stunning captures and so sharp you can cut yourself on them (y)I have to try this myself one day soon. I'm looking forward to Water Drops III :)

thanks, i like number 2 as well. thanks for the comments

and water drops number 3 will be comming

what colour water??

Well done really good...(y)

You need to make sure your focus is spot on, number 1 is really good but slightly out of focus! Some one has already mentioned about the steep angle, you need to get as side on as you can with enough angle to get a nice veiw across the surface.

Not sure what lens you are using but I think your DOF is too shallow, you need to see enough forground and background of the surface to balance the image

Kevin.

(y)as already said with the angle

Also watch the drip dripping and nothing where it hits, place a pen or spoon handle etc in that area and manual focus on this, that way when you get the pics the focus should be nice and sharp on the splash

Not sure what lens you are using but I think your DOF is too shallow, you need to see enough forground and background of the surface to balance the image

thanks, i am using a sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4.5 macro with a nikon D40x

and with the DOF part is the raising the f stop??

thanks, i am using a sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4.5 macro with a nikon D40x

and with the DOF part is the raising the f stop??

yea, so 2.8 would give you a really small DOF, setting it to F.8 would give you more DOF......just try experimenting and you will soon learn what F. you need for the style pic :)

personally on drops like this I use around 8-11 ish

Nice attempts mate,
Iv still to try this. Need to look into setting it all up first.
I like number 2 and 1 (in that order) Caught them ones really well, and ended up with interesting shots.
Well done (y)

Back