3 from Sunday - all with OCF

Fab stuff! I read the blog post too... great 'real world' explanations.

I'd be interested in a Yorkshire area meetup / training session (as it's less of a PITA to get to for me than London).

As one of the participants on two of Dave's organised shoots I can vouch for having a good day and despite the 'not model' tag, is a very amiable and photogenic 'model' to shoot.

Well recommended.

As I am frequently in London, put me down for either Dave. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. :)

Last edited:
Fab stuff! I read the blog post too... great 'real world' explanations.

I'd be interested in a Yorkshire area meetup / training session (as it's less of a PITA to get to for me than London).
It'd be great to see you up north for one Beth.

+1 on your database for a Yorkshire meet please.
Nice journey for me from Lincolnshire area

Just back from a thoroughly positive time in the Lake District at a Wedding Fayre and scouting a new hotel venue too, and there's even more peeps wanting to get together for a shoot :)

So the BIG QUESTION then...

Is it that you're just after a get-together to shoot a pretty lass where you all do you own thing, or do you want tuition in HOW to shoot a pretty lass (with and without OCF, but especially with) ???

Ta

Dave

I'd be up for a Yorkshire meet too...dependant on work commitments. Regarding your question Dave, personally I think some tuition is always useful.

I think watching you work will be more than enough tuition for most of us. Obviously trying to achieve the same results with a lil guidance would go a stretch further.

Put me down for a meet or tuition if you get a group together, work permitting :plus1:

Perhaps we should have a nice lil list going so we know who's in based on location.....that's if Dave is up for it.

A while ago PhilV and I organised a wee OCF play-day as a TP meet, which, tbh, was actually not shown much interest fro TP members :(

Anyway, we had such a fun time I thought I'd do the same again but just putting it out to a more limited few - places went almost instantly !!!

I've written it up as a BLOG post here http://www.davidgoodierphotography.co.uk/blog/ if anyone want to see what we did and what techniques were used, but here's just a taste of the park images I shot (she's not a 'real' model btw), all with some OCF and varying degrees of balancing flash & ambient

If anyone is interested in getting together for such a day's photo-fun I'm sure Phil & I could be coerced into doing it again :)

Yorkshire & Lake District Wedding Photographer 002
by DG Phototraining on Talk Photography

Yorkshire & Lake District Wedding Photographer 004

Yorkshire & Lake District Wedding Photographer 005

Cheers

Dave
Very Nice mate - where are you thinking of holding the next one?

im up for London

I think it we be good just to watch you then do own thing with some tips. Nothing too heavy / tutoring. More a social and ideas / tips share.Im fairly OK with OCF and happy to share what I know along with receiving tips etc.

Well - being sensible with my business head on - I can't see me coming to London to show/teach for nothing, and I'm positive I won't get a nice model for that price too unless one of you lot is really pretty lol

I'm also pretty sure you TP lot won't want to pay much so I doubt that's going to work guys

I am organising another play-day in Wakefield soon and I'm positive there will be more closer to me as time goes by (in fact I've just agreed to a shoot tomorrow in Leeds with a lass who's the 'Face' of some 50s Vintage make-up chain - both as TF cos we like each other - and I'm in Leeds anyway)

Cheers

Dave

I'm prepared to travel, I'm in Northamptonshire and will travel pretty much anywhere if it's something I want to photograph.

Well - being sensible with my business head on - I can't see me coming to London to show/teach for nothing, and I'm positive I won't get a nice model for that price too unless one of you lot is really pretty lol

I'm also pretty sure you TP lot won't want to pay much so I doubt that's going to work guys

I am organising another play-day in Wakefield soon and I'm positive there will be more closer to me as time goes by (in fact I've just agreed to a shoot tomorrow in Leeds with a lass who's the 'Face' of some 50s Vintage make-up chain - both as TF cos we like each other - and I'm in Leeds anyway)

Cheers

Dave
Hi Dave, if you came up with some figures, it might help to see what’s possible with the London trip.

Hi Dave, if you came up with some figures, it might help to see what’s possible with the London trip.

Ok - well I'll get in touch with my model pal in London (who we can't afford probably lol) and see what she reckons as a decent rate for, say 4 hours shoot time

I'm assuming you guys would prefer a Sunday?

Dave

I'll keep an eye for the costing, and yes Sunday would be much easier. Kit list may also help (me anyway).

Kit list may also help (me anyway).

Nikon camera - makes it easier if you want to shoot as my triggers are Nikon specific

If not Nikon - your own flashguns and OCF triggers as normal speedlights will (ok should lol) fit the flash mount I use for the Bowens' fit accessories

I shot all day with a 35mm and 85mm on a DX and one camera body, keep it simple

Dave

I'm a Nikon guy with the same lenses!

Lovely set of quality images and if you hadn't said you would never of known that she wasn't a model !
Or maybe she is now ;)

Count me in for a Northen Meet! Happy if it's tuition or just chance to have a go myself. Good opportunity to share ideas etc if not a full tutorial style workshop.

These are beautiful, I would be very interested in any meet up you arrange so I'll be keeping a very close eye on the post

Mickey

Good ambient and flash balance - first two she looks relaxed and natural, the third one the expression looks a little forced. Good use of the location too.

Back