TPer Emeritus
Name
Ian Cook
Edit My Images
Yes
kestrel.jpg

foxy1.jpg

foxy.jpg

Taken at the British Wildlife Centre in Sussex !

C&C welcome :)

(just noticed that bottom one prolly needs a tweak !) lol

second fox shot is excellent, really like that!

I like the first two a lot - the framing of the hawk in a natural setting is very good and the surroundings lead my eye straight in to focus on the bird. Natural colour and sharp. The closeup fox is a cracker - sharp as a tack on it's eye and a great composition with it looking out of the frame, and good use of DOF. I think I might be tempted to clone out the stalk at the bottom though. I can see the point of the third but the fox look a little lost in all that greenery, which looks a little too green to me.

Adrian said:
I like the first two a lot - the framing of the hawk in a natural setting is very good and the surroundings lead my eye straight in to focus on the bird. Natural colour and sharp. The closeup fox is a cracker - sharp as a tack on it's eye and a great composition with it looking out of the frame, and good use of DOF. I think I might be tempted to clone out the stalk at the bottom though. I can see the point of the third but the fox look a little lost in all that greenery, which looks a little too green to me.

Thanks both of you for the comments ! :)

Yeah i did the last one on the laptop and soon as i got home and looked ! i realised it needs a tweak ! lol will sort that in a sec and post a better one i hope ! :)

by second fox shot i mean #2 -

/strokes wine bottle....hic

its saturday, lovely wine...

IanC try flipping that ^ shot horizintally, see if it looks more natural. Your first shot of the fox looking right is brilliant m8.

cracking Otter ian, really nice indeed!

The fox close up is a cracker. If you could fiddle a crop with some space on the right, it would be even better, but it's a belter anyway. :icon_cool

IanC_UK said:
Cheers CT :) Unfortunately its not cropped at all ! :(

Hmmm do i risk trying to PS a bit on the right ! LOL

I wouldn't Ian, that ovehanging branch makes it well nigh impossible. For future reference, if your using the one shot focusing mode, don't forget that once you've pressed the shutter halfway, the focus is locked until you release it and depress it again. A quick recompose to the right at that stage gets you the composition you want. You could also use the focus lock button.

Another alternative with this shot would have been to enable just the left hand focus point (out of the nine). :)

3rd one of the fox looks oversaturated and a little OOF with a distracting highlight circle at top centre but the other 2 are absolutely superb.
The later post of the otter is a stunner too :thumb:

EDIT: As I'm a lttle blurry eyed I missed the later crop/edit which is much better!

CT said:
I wouldn't Ian, that ovehanging branch makes it well nigh impossible.

Yeah i looked at that and thought theres no way i would attempt it !!! LOL

CT said:
For future reference, if your using the one shot focusing mode, don't forget that once you've pressed the shutter halfway, the focus is locked until you release it and depress it again. A quick recompose to the right at that stage gets you the composition you want. You could also use the focus lock button.

Another alternative with this shot would have been to enable just the left hand focus point (out of the nine). :)

Erm yeah ! :censored: i had a total brain fart yesterday ! :(

Bachs said:
3rd one of the fox looks oversaturated and a little OOF with a distracting highlight circle at top centre but the other 2 are absolutely superb.
The later post of the otter is a stunner too :thumb:

EDIT: As I'm a lttle blurry eyed I missed the later crop/edit which is much better!

Thanks Bachs :) Yeah i spotted that on the fox pic, was done on the laptop and the saturation went bonkers ! Hate laptop screens !

Thanks for the comments :)

What an excellent set of shots. Foxy 1 & 5 and the otter are my faves, especially foxy1 - great focus on the eyes.

milou said:
What an excellent set of shots. Foxy 1 & 5 and the otter are my faves, especially foxy1 - great focus on the eyes.

Totally agree, makes life easy whn you can just quote ;)

Thanks guys ! :)

I thought i was going to have a wasted trip on me hands, as the light was crap and it rained quite a bit ! When i looked at the pics on the laptop i saw i had a few more keepers than i expected ! :) I would definitely go back, specially as they do photographic days, 45 per person, and you can get in the pens with the otters, foxes and wildcats to take pics !!!!!! :)

Ian - wassamarrer wiv ya? :nut:

Get this pic sorted, it's the bizzo!

foxy3.jpg

CT said:
Ian - wassamarrer wiv ya? :nut:

Get this pic sorted, it's the bizzo!

foxy3.jpg

Erm ! Ok ! I discounted it cos i havent got any leeway to get some more to the left of the frame ! (yeah yeah i know another brain fart !!!)

Crap ! lol didnt realise people were actually looking at me gallery !!!!! :coat:

It's excellent as it is. Clone out that branch behind him on the left, tidy up a few of those stray foreground grasses, but don't do too much. You'll get some space on the left if you crop to 3:2 - if it's not a crop it doesn't matter anyway - he's posing perfectly. :)

Too saturated, and I'm sure it will sharpen well Take your time with it. ;)

CT said:
It's excellent as it is. Clone out that branch behind him on the left, tidy up a few of those stray foreground grasses, but don't do too much. You'll get some space on the left if you crop to 3:2 - if it's not a crop it doesn't matter anyway - he's posing perfectly. :)

Bugger arse biscuits crap ! lol Ill be back later ! this is taking some effort ! ;)

Sorry I have not comented on these earlier, been busy and missed the party but just wanted to add that they are all great :thumb:

There are a lot of the regulars here showing massive amounts of improvement in their photography of late and I am pleased to include you in that group. :)

Steve said:
Sorry I have not comented on these earlier, been busy and missed the party but just wanted to add that they are all great :thumb:

There are a lot of the regulars here showing massive amounts of improvement in their photography of late and I am pleased to include you in that group. :)

Thank you Steve ! Its all thanks to the help and support have received from the members here ! :)

My only major problem at the moment is scenic shots, but hopefully when i find soemwhere to try it out properly that will improve also ! :)

Love the fox shots. The one with its teeth out is scary. Never seen a fox look that aggressive.

Back