3 Nikon Portrait lens - do I need all 3?!?

My 135 DC has cured my 200 f2 GAS for now.
It took a while to get it right with the D750, but now it's tuned properly it's sharp as a scalpel, even wide open !
Apart from the bokeh, the 135 (and 105) DC lenses are designed to focus the red wavelength on a slightly different plane, and the skin tones it renders due to that are unique.
Subtle, but unique.

I'm against the grain here and if I had to sell one, it would be the 135. The 85 is so handy and, for me, the 200 has the magic fairy dust. But I'd be greedy and keep them all. If I had them in the first place, which I don't :)

:) I was in the same position but my AFS 200mm f2.0 VR1 went :( as much as I loved the lens the weight was the killer for me.
But I kept my 85mm f1:1.4, 105mm f2.8macro, 135mm f2.0 DC, 300mm f2.8 rarely used theses days and my AFS 70-200mm f2,8 and 1.4x,1.7x,& 2.0 x converters.
! did a few shots also in the past using a 2x on my 135mm f2.0 DC and got some interesting shots :)
If I could only keep 2 out of that lot it would be my AF 135mm f2.0 DC and my AFS 70-200mm f2.8 VR as it covers the other lengths with converters fitted to zoom :)

For me, it depends on the location or studio situation. The compression of the 200mm is lovely, but sometimes the space is a issue, so resorting to a shorter focal length is the solution. If I was to keep only one of the three i guess i would go for the 135mm, is a happy (ish) middle in my opinion

I don't use any of the lenses mentioned but if I had to have one, going on your photos, it would be the 135.

Hard to compare as the subject is posed and dressed differently for each. Like the bokeh on the 200 but the 135 just has something about it.

200 F2 and 85 for me. 200 for some magic and 85 for all other purposes.

Still got all 3. If I do sell it would probably be the 200/2 tbh as I just don't get the opportunity to use it as much.

Just an update I did eventually sell the 200 f/2. Not missing much tbh, the 85mm for general documentary work is still excellent and my favourite lens to work with. The 135 i still use when I can as I just love the rendition it gives.

I do also use Hasselblad MF cameras now and have the 100mm 2.2. I think the 135 has similar qualities in look/rendition though the 100mm is a fair bit wider and much much sharper.

Back