3 PARA, Afghanistan

Arkady

Suspended / Banned
Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
During Operation Mar Chichel (Snake-Bite). One soldier was killed this day about 50m from where we were working...

Mas_e_Qaleh_011_By_Arkady_by_arkady001.jpg

Mas_e_Qaleh_007_By_Arkady_by_arkady001.jpg

Mas_e_Qaleh_009_By_Arkady_by_arkady001.jpg

Mas_e_Qaleh_010_By_Arkady_by_arkady001.jpg

Great photo's(y)

Keep up the good work and take care, from an Ex Royal Engineer (24 years) ;)

We've got 32 Engrs here in Hohne - where were you?

I was one of them back in the early 70's and then again in 80 - 85 I was one of them Armoured Engineers then, but saw the light and retained as a Resources Supervisor;)

The Roundhouse is still the same I guess, used to live downtown in Danziger Strasse(y)

We've got 32 Engrs here in Hohne - where were you?

very good images there,

when you coming back for a jewish lesbian evening?

Great shots, gives a good idea of some day to day scenes.

I love that last shot, although looking at that shot it would have your position as standing directly in the doorway he was peering out to see if it was clear :D

Nice shots Rob - facial expressions in the first mark it as a winner for me.

I love that last shot, although looking at that shot it would have your position as standing directly in the doorway he was peering out to see if it was clear :D

The smoke you can see was from the grenades they'd just thrown in...I was standing on the far side of the doorway...:D

The last image is the winner for me Rob, what a sense on atmosphere! I remember you saying once that you can tell a greater story with a photograph than with a motion picture....that last shot is the evidence

You are really posting some cracking images at the moment :clap: "Give 'em hell lads" (y)

to be honest these are very goo imo anyway..
but if i were there id want to be holding a gun :eek: not a camera:puke:

great shots mate

md(y)

The 3rd shot is so powerful.
Fabulous reportage images - you've caught a moment of rest in (what must be) terrifying situations.
Shades of Tim Page...absolutely brilliant.

Stay safe.

The 3rd shot is so powerful.
Fabulous reportage images - you've caught a moment of rest in (what must be) terrifying situations.
Shades of Tim Page...absolutely brilliant.

Stay safe.

I once spent an afternoon in Brighton getting drunk with Tim Page while my (then) girlfriend rolled spliffs for him while he held forth on various topics. What a great afternoon that was! One of my heroes...though he is a fat Wayne-Kerr nowadays...lol

Great shots, it's good to see your stuff again!

Nice shots. I especially like number 1. It reminds me of my time in the Reg Q: whats the most dangerous thing in the British Army? A: A rupert with a map! Utrinque Paratus.:beer: Cheers.

"It's barren featureless wasteland, Sergeant-Major..."
"Turn the map over, Sir..."

Great set.. iv got some old pics from when my Dad and Older Brother were out there in the 80s.. Oh how things have changed!!

Keep em comming.. ' Big up the lads..'

Another fantastic set youve produced there. I for one really appreciate you posting them. What is the MOD's stance on these pictures being posted. Do they get vetted before release?
Thanks very much for posting
Dean:)

all images are Crown Copyright (check the file info, which should have survived the links).
I can use these to promote myself as long as they've been previously released to the Press or appeared on the MoD website.
What I can't do is sell them on.

Excellent, gritty, true, shots.

Back