3 PAYG prices going up....

Edit My Images
No
That is quite a hike! Looking at their website it would appear that they are wanting PAYG customers to move to one of their bundle offers.

Name
Neville
Edit My Images
Yes
Yes, I had a text from them today, funnily enough. It is a bit of a leap. Mind you looking at the prices from other networks it's not as bad as some.

Name
Kev
Edit My Images
No
I still have an old non-smart phone connected to Virgin Media. Unlimited calls, unlimited texts, no data obviously, for £0/call, £0/text and £0/month.
They send me a email each month saying that I owe £0 :)
My smartphone is with 02, £3.15/month for 500 mins, 500 texts and 500Mb per month. As I am retired it suits me perfectly.

Name
Neville
Edit My Images
Yes
I still have an old non-smart phone connected to Virgin Media. Unlimited calls, unlimited texts, no data obviously, for £0/call, £0/text and £0/month.
They send me a email each month saying that I owe £0 :)
My smartphone is with 02, £3.15/month for 500 mins, 500 texts and 500Mb per month. As I am retired it suits me perfectly.
Blimey! That's pretty good. I'll have to look that one up.

Thats a serious hike but I didn't think that many people were PAYG anymore.
There are still some of us old farts that don't really use mobile phones much. I mainly use mine to hook up to the WiFi at work. :p

OP
Box Brownie
Edit My Images
No
Thats a serious hike but I didn't think that many people were PAYG anymore.
My mobile usage is very low on all three cost categories so the old original costs "1,2,3p" suited me fine. I normally keep a min of £10 credit on it and that means I might buy a voucher every 3 months or so.

If @Suvv O2 contract is still available i.e not a legacy one, then that is the cheapest I recall hearing about and might be worth considering???

Name
Kev
Edit My Images
No
I got the 02 contracts when TalkTalk pulled out of the market and 02 took over the customers, it is not available generally.
My wife's contract is £5.25 but she gets unlimited texts, 500 mins and 500 MB!
We normally connect via the home wifi and use WhatsApp.
They went up a little while ago from £3 and £5 respectively.

Name
Brad
Edit My Images
Yes
I use 1p mobile, 1p for a text 1p per min and 1p for a mb of data lasts 3 months or more depending on which bundle you except if you have money/call time left you never lose it as long as you top up at each interval check it out I have a very Thick phone but in the past when I have had a smart phone I have used the data connection from the phone to connect my laptop to the net. For my wifes smart phone I use Lebara Mobile ( piggy backed onto Vodafone) at the moment £2.50 a month for unlimited texts and calls plus 2 Gig of data.