3 PAYG prices going up....

Edit My Images
No
I had a feeling the prices were likely to eventually go up.....

Quite a marked increase but c'est la vie.

That is quite a hike! Looking at their website it would appear that they are wanting PAYG customers to move to one of their bundle offers.

I've been with 3 for several years now but this could be my last contract.
Fed up not being able to surf the internet in certain areas.
My other half has had Tesco Mobile and now BT Mobile and has no problem so I end up using hers :rolleyes:

Yes, I had a text from them today, funnily enough. It is a bit of a leap. Mind you looking at the prices from other networks it's not as bad as some.

I still have an old non-smart phone connected to Virgin Media. Unlimited calls, unlimited texts, no data obviously, for £0/call, £0/text and £0/month.
They send me a email each month saying that I owe £0 :)
My smartphone is with 02, £3.15/month for 500 mins, 500 texts and 500Mb per month. As I am retired it suits me perfectly.

I still have an old non-smart phone connected to Virgin Media. Unlimited calls, unlimited texts, no data obviously, for £0/call, £0/text and £0/month.
They send me a email each month saying that I owe £0 :)
My smartphone is with 02, £3.15/month for 500 mins, 500 texts and 500Mb per month. As I am retired it suits me perfectly.

Blimey! That's pretty good. I'll have to look that one up.

Thats a serious hike but I didn't think that many people were PAYG anymore.

There are still some of us old farts that don't really use mobile phones much. I mainly use mine to hook up to the WiFi at work. :p

Thats a serious hike but I didn't think that many people were PAYG anymore.

My mobile usage is very low on all three cost categories so the old original costs "1,2,3p" suited me fine. I normally keep a min of £10 credit on it and that means I might buy a voucher every 3 months or so.

If @Suvv O2 contract is still available i.e not a legacy one, then that is the cheapest I recall hearing about and might be worth considering???

I got the 02 contracts when TalkTalk pulled out of the market and 02 took over the customers, it is not available generally.
My wife's contract is £5.25 but she gets unlimited texts, 500 mins and 500 MB!
We normally connect via the home wifi and use WhatsApp.
They went up a little while ago from £3 and £5 respectively.

I use 1p mobile, 1p for a text 1p per min and 1p for a mb of data lasts 3 months or more depending on which bundle you except if you have money/call time left you never lose it as long as you top up at each interval check it out I have a very Thick phone but in the past when I have had a smart phone I have used the data connection from the phone to connect my laptop to the net. For my wifes smart phone I use Lebara Mobile ( piggy backed onto Vodafone) at the moment £2.50 a month for unlimited texts and calls plus 2 Gig of data.

Back