30D + Kit Lens £599

Well Done Glen..(y)

Had no luck with Empire this morning so I had a look on eBay and bought a brand new UK model for £540 just now..:)

Do you know how to find the actuations mate?

Do you know how to find the actuations mate?

I have a couple of programs that do the 1D series RAW files Glen but not the 30D mate. Sorry.:(

Honestly I don't know what's going on. Now I got an email from Empire Direct saying that they are refunding my money and want my phone no. to contact me again to retake the order when the stock is available. :thinking: :thinking:

Honestly I don't know what's going on. Now I got an email from Empire Direct saying that they are refunding my money and want my phone no. to contact me again to retake the order when the stock is available. :thinking: :thinking:

The only email I've had is my order confirmation :shrug:

great price there busterboy!!

mind telling us who the seller is?

It was a private seller who got a brand new replacement camera from Jessops complete with a receipt for £699...;)

I won't post the sellers name or the link on here but if you want any more details PM me and I will send you the link.:)

The price has now gone up to £699 so I'm expecting an email saying "bla bla no stock , bla bla refund"

£699 is too much so I think the 300D will be with me for quite a while yet :(

I think they have made a big mistake with their pricing mrgubby...:(

Now trying to fob everybody off.

mrgubby, another option I was thinking was buying it from Jessops.

30D body is £699 less MADNESS30 = £30 less £65 Canon Cashback = £604 and collect it locally from your local Jessops store.

mrgubby, another option I was thinking was buying it from Jessops.

30D body is £699 less MADNESS30 = £30 less £65 Canon Cashback = £604 and collect it locally from your local Jessops store.

The only way I managed to get the original through "Budget Control" was £599 - Canon cashback - 300D kit on ebay.

If I don't get it for the £599 then bye bye 30D :crying:

I'll just have to blame Mrs G for not letting me click the buy button when they were showing 8 in stock :bat:

Hi,

just had a call about my 30D that I reported to Empirerdirect as faulty/damaged due to a mark on the mirror. They say I can only get a refund, replace it with another clearance item or buy something else and pay difference :razz: as it was a clearance item.

I stated that even though a clearance item it is still covered by Canon Warranty and show be replaced or repaired, now waiting on a manager to call me.

This was reported to them on saturday and lo and behold by the time they phone me back today they don't have any clearance 30D's to replace my one with, you would have thought they would have held one back for me as a replacement :crying:

Fingers crossed I can get a satisfactory solution to this as their clearance terms clearly state repair it or refund, although they may be claiming this is damage rather than warranty work, however it was brand new factory sealed when I received it and I bet if it had been a 'full price' item it would be replaced no problem.

Away to Cuba for 10 nights on wed night and no new camera to take with me :bang: :crying: :bang:

Mike.

Howz your experience of ordering some big ticket item over £500 from amazon has been? Anyone?

Howz your experience of ordering some big ticket item over £500 from amazon has been? Anyone?

Never bought anything more expensive than £50 from Amazon but I've never heard anything bad .
I've just been on the phone to Empire Direct and they appear to be honouring my order but don't expect stock until the end of next week(ish). The question is , do I cancel & order from Amazon or do I sit and wait???

Is there a 'dithering' smiley , I need one NOW :baby:

I think they have made a big mistake with their pricing mrgubby...:(

Now trying to fob everybody off.

Whats the matter Tim - had a few cubic centimetres in your house that weren't branded Canon? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: You'll be needing a new shed ;)

Whats the matter Tim - had a few cubic centimetres in your house that weren't branded Canon? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: You'll be needing a new shed ;)

Looking at your sig it will be you wanting the new shed not me..:razz:

1DsMkII indeed..:eek:

Looking at your sig it will be you wanting the new shed not me..:razz:

1DsMkII indeed..:eek:

hmm - its relatively pain free until i think about it.

Dogs donuts though and when i have to use its box as a home thats what i'll be telling myself

hmm - its relatively pain free until i think about it.

Dogs donuts though and when i have to use its box as a home thats what i'll be telling myself

Just you wait until next week...;)

Say no more Rodney my son..:D

Never bought anything more expensive than £50 from Amazon but I've never heard anything bad .
I've just been on the phone to Empire Direct and they appear to be honouring my order but don't expect stock until the end of next week(ish). The question is , do I cancel & order from Amazon or do I sit and wait???

Is there a 'dithering' smiley , I need one NOW :baby:

Wait for empire as the £19 extra 2yr warrenty is worth it, i think, thats what I've done.

I ordered 30D from Amazon last Saturday night for 604.98, free super saver delivery and it arrived Wednesday morning! I noticed that availability changed to 1-2 weeks since then.
I am at work today so will not be able to meet the camera until this evening. But at least the sealed box states 30D and 18-55 lens as my wife opened the external box.
I also bought SanDisk EXTREME III from Amazon Marketplace but it was counterfeit... About to return it to the seller (seller agreed). Ordered another one from Memory Card Zoo for almost the same price and hope to receive it tomorrow.
By the way, this is my first post here and 30D is my first digital camera! Transferring from film SLR which was Nikon F55:)

£604 is still a very good price on this camera.(y)

BTW: Welcome to the forums..;)

Nice purchase, welcome on board, good to see you have moved from the 'darkside'

Empire Direct - Beware. Here's a feedback from one of the customers from the net.

Terrible customer service
written on 10.04.01 - Rating: (1 of 5 possible stars)

Advantages Reasonable prices
Disadvantages Atrocious service, even by web standards

I recently purchased an appliance from Empire Direct, tempted by their low prices, but sadly the item was faulty and broke almost immediately it was delivered. Not wishing to spend the next few days dealing with couriers, I decided to return it for a refund rather than a replacement.

So, I phone the customer services department and we arranged a collection for Monday 19th of March.

On Monday the 19th, no collection was made. I contacted the customer services department again, and arranged another collection for Wednesday the 21st, which this time was made correctly. As I had asked for a refund, I expected this to be applied to my credit card shortly.

On Monday the 26th of March, I was shocked to be called by my previous office (where I no longer work) to be told that they'd just taken delivery of a box from Empire Direct. Since I no longer work there, I couldn't go to the office to collect this, and had to ask them to hold onto it. I contacted customer services (again), explained the problem, and asked them to pick the item up immediately, as I couldn't be held responsible for its safety. I was promised that if a pickup could not be made that afternoon, I would be called back.

On Friday, my previous office contacted me again, sounding rather aggrieved that the box was still in reception! Needless to say, I was shocked to hear this, and apologised to them profusely, promising to try to sort the problem out. Once again, I contacted customer services, who promised that the box would be collected on Monday. I made sure that they had my phone number in case of problems.

The next Tuesday (3rd of April) my previous office called me again. The box was still in reception. I spoke to the customer services department AGAIN, who promised me they would try to get the box collected that afternoon.

The box was finally collected the following day. When Empire Direct finally refunded my credit card, they didn 9;t refund the delivery charge (something that's mentioned in the small print), so overall I wasted substantial amounts of time on the phone chasing them up, and still ended up out of pocket.

Despite their reasonably good prices, I doubt I'll be using them again!

Unquote

I have been able to use my new 30D for one evening so far but I am 100% satisfied. It's very simple to use, all controls are so intuitive. I understand now why it is such a popular camera! I've been after the 30D since December and finally decided just now.
Pics at ISO 1600-3200 look just as nice as ISO 400 film ones. Oh, I am still scanning my films.. A few images (all film) at http://photo.net/photodb/member-photos?include=all&user_id=740762
It's not very populated, but I am going to upload more pics soon.
Now, it is time to get some lens(es)!
By the way, Amazon.uk changed the price for the kit to 739.

Just had a call from Empire Direct............................................................

ITS ON THE WAY :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Same Price. Not too much of a wait.

Just had a call from Empire Direct............................................................

ITS ON THE WAY :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Same Price. Not too much of a wait.

Ordered mine on the same day as you so I've got my fingers crossed (y)

Empire has had a lot of bad publicity in the past but I have bought several items from them without any problems..:shrug:

Good luck mrgubby. Sounds like game on again..:)

anyone know the cheapest place to get this camera at the moment, not bothered if its body only or body and kit. dont need the kit anyway bit can always sell it on ebay or something.

cheers

Just spoke to EmpireDirect and my 30D should turn up on Wednesday in an Amtrak Van :D

Just spoke to EmpireDirect and my 30D should turn up on Wednesday in an Amtrak Van :D

Very nice mate, Glad its turned out ok for you..(y)

Hi,

just had a call about my 30D that I reported to Empirerdirect as faulty/damaged due to a mark on the mirror. They say I can only get a refund, replace it with another clearance item or buy something else and pay difference :razz: as it was a clearance item.

I stated that even though a clearance item it is still covered by Canon Warranty and show be replaced or repaired, now waiting on a manager to call me.

This was reported to them on saturday and lo and behold by the time they phone me back today they don't have any clearance 30D's to replace my one with, you would have thought they would have held one back for me as a replacement :crying:

Fingers crossed I can get a satisfactory solution to this as their clearance terms clearly state repair it or refund, although they may be claiming this is damage rather than warranty work, however it was brand new factory sealed when I received it and I bet if it had been a 'full price' item it would be replaced no problem.

Away to Cuba for 10 nights on wed night and no new camera to take with me :bang: :crying: :bang:

Mike.

Hi,

finally got Empire to agree to take it back for repair/replace so it left here on Thursday this week ( had to wait til I got back from Hols ) so fingers crossed it can be fixed, bit miffed with the situation as it was brand new fully boxed but still managed to arrive with a faulty/marked mirror, which I am sure they will try and claim was caused by me.

Does anyone know how to roughly know the shutter count as I had a look with an Exif reader and I'm concerned that this body might have done 17,500 or so actuations :( if I'm looking a the right numbers.

If I get it fixed ok and returned safely, my 350D with Grip will be up for sale if anyone is interested.

Mike.

just been scouting around for the cheapest price for the 30d body only and devon camera seem to have them in stock for 630.99. has anyone bought from them before?

also with regard to the cash back if i was to buy 2xbodies on one invoice how would i go about getting the 2nd lot of cashback. i was planning on getting my mate to cliam the 2nd lot for me as its only 1 lot of cashback per item per address, but if both bodies are on the same invoice will this make a difference?

Back