34 inch monitor advice, please

Edit My Images
No
Looking to buy 34 inch monitor for WFH purpose (not typically for gaming) and wishing to receive advice from TPles over here who may have something similar monitors. Budget around £400 - £450.

Many thanks in advance

Some one mentioned this as a decent monitor and wondering if anyone here may be an owner and can recommend? Many thanks

Attachments

• C136491A-42B2-414D-B8DB-76472BA22B15.jpeg
    C136491A-42B2-414D-B8DB-76472BA22B15.jpeg
    101.7 KB · Views: 19
It seems to get reasonable reviews but you're paying for the high refresh rate that you'll only use if you're gaming. I'm also not convinced by curved ultra-wide screens for non-gaming use. I suggest seeing if your budget can manage a (flat) 32" 4k monitor as I think that would be better for general use.

Some one mentioned this as a decent monitor and wondering if anyone here may be an owner and can recommend? Many thanks
I would run a long way away from anything that looks anything like that. Curved. We paid premium to avoid that disaster a while ago, now you want to go and waste money on it. You will find narrow panoramic design equally wasteful. Maybe OK for gamers which this forum is not about. 100% useless for content creation for sure.

I agree - forget curved. They're only any good for gaming or TV and only then if you're easily pleased and can put up with all the associated problems that would really bother me.

For a typical work monitor (not gaming on it), what should be the minimum refresh rate? 60 seems too low? Perhaps 75? Many thanks

For a typical work monitor (not gaming on it), what should be the minimum refresh rate? 60 seems too low? Perhaps 75? Many thanks
What difference would that make at all for anything but 120fps video editing which pretty much is not a thing (i.e. they get slowed down for special effects)?!

60Hz is all you need if you're not gaming and I don't think you'll find monitors with higher refresh rates other than gaming monitors at 100MHz plus.

Thank you all for your help and advise. I shall soon decide with the purchase based on the above. :)

I have this monitor for gaming, its a great monitor for that but if you read the specs youll realise how dark it is, the brightness is awful on it, just glad I play in a dark room.

I would suggest looking at mid-level IPS monitor. Curved IPS are expensive, mid-level isn't curved and has good enough colours.

I have a Acer Nitro xv340ckp, it's flat, not curved and good quality IPS. Good sRGB colours, comparable to my 10 years old Dell U2711 IPS (which was a high end consumer grade monitor back in its days).

32inch 4k vs 34 inch ultrawide depends on your eye sight. For work, the ultrawide will offer desktop work area than a scaled 32inch 4k monitor. But if your eye sight better than 20:20, it's worth considering 32inch 4k and not use Windows/Mac scaling, that will give you the most desktop work area.

I got a curved monitor a few years ago after LongLensPhotography thoroughly recommended one [snigger], it's a Gigabyte G34WQC and is for both work and gaming. It was a bit strange at first and even stranger when looking at a flat monitor afterwards! lol

I'm against curved tv's because you sit too far away, but with a monitor you are sitting close and the curve helps makes the distance of the whole screen from your eyes more equal - particularly useful with large spreadsheets as you reach the edges. YouTube and movies are more immersive as is gaming, although I only really do VR now.

It was a little strange at first with photo and video editing and I was expecting it to mess with lines, but your eyes quickly adjust and I use grids anyway to check verticals and horizontals. But, if I was professionally photo or video editing I would probably go for a three monitor setup.

Back