Daily 365 Photos 2013.

Thank you very much :)

I can't sleep.. so I processed some photos. Shot a 10th birthday party today (well, yesterday). Don't know if this is my favourite; it was the first one to hand. Probably the most "creative".

Day 89. by Toni Darling Photos, on Flickr​

Thank you Jake :)

Today's (well, yesterdays now)... Couldn't get the processing right. At all. But it's something I need to do again and fast... the flower is one from the bunch my mum got from her work colleagues when she was diagnosed and I want one of them in this bottle. I don't know how to process photos like this... or take them. The flowers are dying :shake:

Day 90. Still. by Toni Darling Photos, on Flickr

So this will be a place holder... for the same photo, I'll just rework the file. I was hoping to do a whipspeed... but no coloured card nor time (or funds) to buy it nor do I have the skill.

Also, I'm sorry I've been a crap 365er. I will get around to you all when I can beat this chronic state of exhaustion.

Last edited:
You don't need a paper background on this one Toni, the white wall & base work really well. The bottle looks very good, the colours on the flower have blown a bit, but only in the centre, but then I think this sort of hot pink always foils the camera sensor. There are some reflections in the glass, but not many & not distracting, you can always drape bits of black material to the side to cut them, I use some old t-shirts or any black clothes.

If you want the flower standing higher in the vase, wrap a bit of kitchen roll round the stem & wedge it in the top of the bottle.

On the whole though, I really like this one, the blue and pink really go well together & the bottle is interesting.

Hey Toni a little catch up again...

Day 88 - great thoughtful shot of your mum, processing on this spot on too.

Day 89 - nice shot, that really works for me.

Day 90 - again that works for me, really nice shot. Well composed and colours work well against the white background. More than just a place holder (y)

84 to 86 are VERY powerful images...

I wish you and your mum the very best of luck over the coming days, weeks, months and years....we all have our own personal stories of family and friends who have battled cancer, the odds are swinging in our favour with every passing day.....

Thank you very much everyone, I really do appreciate it :)

Looking at the last photo with fresh eyes, I was clearly blinded with exhaustion when processing... the flower isn't even that colour! As can be seen in today's photo.. :thinking: :shrug:

Day 91. by Toni Darling Photos, on Flickr​

Thanks guys!

I'm saying a sad goodbye to my x10 and Tamron 17-50 today! Need to buy my mum these cushion things for her bed so she can actually sleep and put the rest towards a deposit for a 2 bed so she can move in with us, hopefully before treatment starts!

Thanks guys!

I'm saying a sad goodbye to my x10 and Tamron 17-50 today! Need to buy my mum these cushion things for her bed so she can actually sleep and put the rest towards a deposit for a 2 bed so she can move in with us, hopefully before treatment starts!

I was going to buy this, but someone had already said they'd take it :(

Quick catch up here, so pleased you have found a new home.

Love the one of your mum and your nephew. The 2nd not so bright flower is gorgeous too.

Im so behind Toni, sorry!
I do like the shot of your mum and your nephew and your last one with the car wing mirror. Great idea.
I promise I will visit your justgiving page, good luck with the jump. I am raising money for Cancer Research but that isnt until August, I will put up more details closer to the time.

Love that shot of your mum with your nephew...and excellent news on the flat too :D

Thank you!!

Im so behind Toni, sorry!
I do like the shot of your mum and your nephew and your last one with the car wing mirror. Great idea.
I promise I will visit your justgiving page, good luck with the jump. I am raising money for Cancer Research but that isnt until August, I will put up more details closer to the time.

No worries Phil, I am too!

Thank you very much :) be sure to post details!

94 and 95 are great :) Please remind me when I'm back from NY and I will donate :)

Thank you Jake :) Plenty of time :D

Some wonderful photo's Toni, glad to see even thought your really going through it that your still progressing really well, I hope that things improve for you and your mum :hug2:

Thank you Matt! It's keeping me sane haha :)

Well, this wee one seems to be settling in nicely. Meet Mouse! A snow corn snake. He shares a birthday with my mum and just took a quick photo until he's properly settled in.

Day 96. Mouse. by Toni Darling Photos, on Flickr

Some wonderful recent photos, Toni, some very powerful and emotive ones there.

Continued best wishes for your Mum as she continues her treatment.

Today's is lovely, not flowers I'd have put together at all, but they work really well - kind of quirky.

Back