3TB External Hard Drive £26!

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
Yes
Seems too good to be true, and could just be a misprint. 135 people have ordered one today alone! (including me twice). Would be the bargain of the century if it's real though.

I am aware the title and description are for 2 separate products, but either would be mega cheap for £25.99.

Also it's likely that VAT/import tax will be charged. Cant be more than 25% extra (ish) though surely.

Here's the link anyway: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330855702855

Thanks for that, I joined the ranks of those to be soon refunded by PayPal :)

Worth a punt though.

Yep I've thrown my hat in the ring also, will be handy for backing up my photos

Absolute bargain, but I'm not going to expose my Paypal acount to what is very clearly a scam.
I've seen this before on 'too good to be true' purchases on ebay. Suddently selling hundreds and hundreds of items. Paypal now does 'faster payment' instant withdrawals, so looking at that today, the 'seller' (I assume hacked account) has made what £5k in one day? withdraw or transfer that instantly and the seller (hacker) is sitting pretty.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'll steer clear of that. Good Luck chaps.

thats one likely option - the other is that they are either snide or hot

If it isn't a scam then at that price they have to be seconds or damaged in transit or something similar. There's no way I'd trust them as a backup device.

Retail price is around six times that over here; so my guess is that they're either robbed, fake, mistakenly priced or entirely fictitious :p

Will be interested to see how this pans out - might have been tempted myself had I not just jazzed £200 on a pair of internal 3tb drives, which I suspect my PC will refuse to play nicely with :bonk:

Have you also noticed in the feedback all but a few are US buyers? bit odd that is to my way of thinking.

Realspeed

also a couple of mentions of goods being fake in feedback, even though feedbak is not showing as negative, so whilst its tempting I won't be buying one. will be interested to see how this develops

Looks like this from John Lewis? http://www.johnlewis.com/231561580/Product.aspx?s_kwcid=ppc_pla&tmad=c&tmcampid=73&pup_ptid={adwords_producttargetid}&pup_kw={keyword}&pup_c={adtype}
Still a good price......if it's kosher.

if anyone seriously believes this is on the up and up, i have some magic beans i'm looking to offload...

Total scam.....Freeagent is a Seagate brand name, not Western Digital (WD).
If the listing was offering a WD item, then the images and spec would marry up - it's not, therefore it doesn't.

goflex-desk-main-gallery-500x500.jpg

That's what you should be seeing for the listing's title.

Last edited:
if anyone seriously believes this is on the up and up, i have some magic beans i'm looking to offload...

Magic you say.....hmmm.
scratchchin.gif

How many have you got?
Open to a bit of bartering? I've a lovely bridge in a prime location - could do you a part share.

There is a saying in life:

'If something is too good to be true, then.........' !!

How many of you have bothered to report the listing to ebay as possibly fraudulent

Yep, no point talking about it on here. ;)
The only issue I still have with ebay's reporting is you can't add any text to explain why you feel it's fraudulent.

I've got a tracking number as well, which links me to the Royal Mail site when I click on it (despite saying China Post underneath :? )
tracking1_zpsfa7f1fa4.png

This is the message I get when I stick the number in:
tracking_zpsf6236e5f.png

Hmmmm. I can't tell if the message on RM's website means the package has beens sent and has a registered tracking number, or if it doesn't know if the package even exists. (hope that makes sense!)

Anyway, I'll wait and see. Let me know if anyone else gets a tracking number through that's different. I hope they aren't just marking them all as sent using the same (fake) tracking number!

Dan

I believe that your tracking number is a China Post number.
A google search suggests that R is for registered, and that CN at the end is China.
Makes sense as all our RMSD numbers end in GB.

There is interesting stuff to read about trying to track - some bad, but some good.

There is a chance something really is heading your way ;)

Last edited:
I believe that your tracking number is a China Post number.
A google search suggests that R is for registered, and that CN at the end is China.
Makes sense as all our RMSD numbers end in GB.

There is interesting stuff to read about trying to track - some bad, but some good.

There is a chance something really is heading your way ;)

Hmm, how come I didn't think of googling it... ;)

I just tried entering a totally random 13 digit number beginning with RA and ending in CN, and it gave the same message as I posted before. So basically it seems the seller could have just made it up.

Having had a couple of bits and bobs from China they never tracked although did arrive.

Mine is also now marked as dispatched and with a different tracking number, will keep everyone posted but the est delivery is feb 18!!

I hope it works out for the people who ordered one but to be honest would not want to trust all my shots on a drive costing £26:)
I do think its a scam tho

Have received tracking info. Obviously very dubious but worth a punt.

Exactly what I thought, worse case scenario I get my money back from PayPal

Back