9552d304b97c8988676b6e0bf96f3bda

1. Wild Primrose

bc77105416165cbf0d255b2584d129e1

2. Natures symmetry

87fc74a321d5289d918a99eb56e1cd5a

3. After the rain

5e82e15e7d4bac1070dd0f59a6ac4f79

4. Dancing Thistle.

Would love some honest critique from everyone.

Thanks

Michael.

Nah, honestly?

Your subjects, Micheal, are ok.
What impresses a lot more are the quality
and the constantcy of your renditions. (y)

Number 1 I cannot see where the focusing point is, could be me though
number 2&3 are ok
number 4 I love, I would put this on my wall

That's not too bad so far.

The focus point in Number 1 is just over half way down/up the petal.

I have an 8x10 print on it's way so I hope it turns out ok.

No 4 for me too.

the others aren't sharp enough anywhere really.

What gear was used for this if I may ask?

I used a Sony a77 and Tamrom 90 f2.8 handheld 1/1000 at ISO 200.

Thank you all for the comments, No4 looks great printed, and I might have to order something bigger than the 10x8 that I received on the weekend.

no 2 even if??
emotion is worth 10x technique

time to order another print??....you can do some sharpening and pp to make it more...photographic and not a scientific shot

i think they are good enough to put on

lets see your black and white photographs....one at a time

he says NO

Last edited:
no 2 even if??
emotion is worth 10x technique

time to order another print??....you can do some sharpening and pp to make it more...photographic and not a scientific shot

i think they are good enough to put on

lets see your black and white photographs....one at a time

he says NO

No sure I know exactly what you're saying here???

No 4 for me too.

the others aren't sharp enough anywhere really.

What gear was used for this if I may ask?

Sorry didn't reply to this as been away. I used A77 with Tamron 90mm macro lens.

No sure I know exactly what you're saying here???

lets see now' what did i mean!

no 2 even if??.................................even if its soft and needs some pp for me anyway
emotion is worth 10x technique......what we feel about a shot is more important than what we hope others feel
if you are happy with it then that is that and you feel more than you see...sort of

time to order another print??...............you said you had ordered a print and i think you may want to order another one if you take onboard what improvements which may have been suggested

ergo ....you can do some sharpening and pp to make it more...photographic and not a scientific shot

i think they are good enough to put on.............the forum

lets see your black and white photographs....one at a time..........i like to see someone sort his or her shots and then put on the one they think is the best/better or the one they want the critique for...thinking that that one can be improved

he says NO...........you dont want edits.....it seems to be a cult thing here...

chere's
geof

Last edited:
lets see now' what did i mean!

he says NO...........you dont want edits.....it seems to be a cult thing here...

chere's
geof

Thanks Geof.

I think that the edits thing is personal rather than a cult thing. If you wanted to edit those photo's be my guest, I'd rather people asked than just went ahead and re-posted.

Thanks Geof.

I think that the edits thing is personal rather than a cult thing. If you wanted to edit those photo's be my guest, I'd rather people asked than just went ahead and re-posted.

Hi Michael...i like to edit others shots not to show what they should have done but give me some experience in what i would have done
i dont mean them to be better unless there is some really unsightly thing in the shot...covered by my motto..CC...crop and clone and of course perhaps some tonal adjustment...but then its just my eyes doing it

cheers
geof

Back