40% off at Threshers

Thresher prices are usually way above supermarket prices anyway. 40% off does not mean it's a really good bargain. Check/compare with Tesco Wine prices.

Thresher prices are usually way above supermarket prices anyway. 40% off does not mean it's a really good bargain. Check/compare with Tesco Wine prices.

I agree that if you want discount booze the sheds will meet your monetary needs. For the best they have to offer here is a great link:

http://www.fixtureferrets.co.uk/search.asp?EiCategory=Wines+%26+Champagne

I sell wine and know what little margin there is. If you shop wisely armed with that offer you can have some of the finest wines for crimbo at knock down values.

Remember, the best wines are rarely if ever on an end aisle or promo fixture. My brother went into Majestic at the weekend after seeing some good wines at great prices splashed across their newsletter. The wines in question were hard to reach (he's 6ft 4"!) or still in boxes without proper labelling.

I rest my case :)

A favourite usually for their fancy bottles. The wine inside isn't bad but you can get better for the money (unless on offer which it often is).

To enjoy a fairly ordinary Rioja open 3-4 hours before drinking minimum. Riojas can be very tannic and need lots of air to get their true taste.
Many people complain of sleeplessness with Rioja but I do love a good one.

I have some Jim Barry Macrae Wood Shiraz that is getting me excited at the moment. Big bucks though!

Trying to remember which house will be offering a BOGOF to the trade in December. This is on Crianza where my advice would be to stick to Reserva up with riojas at normal pricing. Better buys elsewhere (South America especially) at that price level.

What's a good Champagne (not more than £25, please)? :D

I only know Moet & Chandon.

Hermitage - Do you mean the Jim Barry Armagh? Supposed to be top drawer but I haven't tried it - yet:) If you mean the Cotes du Rhone there are many to try - and you should :)

Champagne - I sell a lot of Joseph Perrier but usually £27. For an alternative try a New Zealand or Tasmanian sparkly - they are great value and often rather good.

Champagne - I sell a lot of Joseph Perrier but usually £27. For an alternative try a New Zealand or Tasmanian sparkly - they are great value and often rather good.

Any New Zealand or Tasmanian brand in particular? I'll look up Joseph Perrier. Thanks.

Edit: Only found Laurent Perrier in Tesco online. :(

Jansz - Tas
Morton Estate - NZ

Don't worry too much about the JP. It is OK for the money but if planning buying a lot you should look to taste first.

Yeah, I'm looking to buy a few bottles to give away. :D I have no clue what I buy people so I usually just buy a bottle of champagne per couple I know. hehe.

Just had a phone call from a friend she said the vouchures are a scam and can't be used. Don't know how true it is she said she'd just heard it on the news!

According to the MoneySavingExpert, he called up Threshers and they said it was ok for him to put the link on his forums for general public. :shrug:

Might have to give it a try and see if i can use it its such a good offer :shrug:

Back