400D + 18-55 = £199

Brilliant deal for a fantastic little camera. Now the move to DSLR is even easier for newcomers.

Brilliant deal for a fantastic little camera. Now the move to DSLR is even easier for newcomers.

You reckon it will be worth my while then if I can actually find one in stock.
PC World have these listed at £349.97 so with there price promise that brings it down to around £185.00

Last edited:
You reckon it will be worth my while then if I can actually find one in stock.
PC World have these listed at £349.97 so with there price promise that brings it down to around £185.00

They most likely will argue that Sainsburys is not on their list but if you read their terms.........
'This applies to prices offered by retailers within 30 miles of your local PC World store and the UK websites listed below. The competitor must have the item in stock and website prices must include delivery. Single unit purchases only.'

Websites: items sold by Amazon.co.uk*(excluding Amazon Marketplace), Argos, Asda, B&Q, Comet, Dabs*, Ebuyer.com*, Dell, Evesham Technology*, Game, Gamestation, Halfords, HMV, Jessops, John Lewis, Maplin, Misco*, Play*, Staples, Tesco, Toys r Us, Virgin, Woolworths

(* Excludes Televisions)

They most likely will argue that Sainsburys is not on their list but if you read their terms.........
'This applies to prices offered by retailers within 30 miles of your local PC World store and the UK websites listed below. The competitor must have the item in stock and website prices must include delivery. Single unit purchases only.'

Websites: items sold by Amazon.co.uk*(excluding Amazon Marketplace), Argos, Asda, B&Q, Comet, Dabs*, Ebuyer.com*, Dell, Evesham Technology*, Game, Gamestation, Halfords, HMV, Jessops, John Lewis, Maplin, Misco*, Play*, Staples, Tesco, Toys r Us, Virgin, Woolworths

(* Excludes Televisions)
None of my local PC Worlds have any instock anyway.
Just have to hope Sainsbury's haven't sold out.

Anything in PC world that has a price ending in .97 is unlikely to be in stock - they say that they use that as a clearance marker. If you are very very lucky there will be one or two at that price somewhere in the UK.
.98 is similar.

Another reason to hate PCWorld - I dont know why the ASA lets them get away with it.

I'm gutted none of the local Sainsbury's or those further afield have any in stock.
Oh well, I'll be continuing with my Panasonic "Bridge" cameras for a while longer then.

Cant find it on their site and the 'go to deal' button just takes me to their homepage, anyone got a direct link?

It was an in-store deal. Only some stores have photo departments. Several people have got them at this price so they were there - not surprisingly they've sold - watch ebay for a sudden surge in 400d sales.

Still the D40 at amazon.....

But I'd also expect more deals in the run up to xmas.

None of my local PC Worlds have any instock anyway.
Just have to hope Sainsbury's haven't sold out.

If you did on line check and found none, it may be worth calling into the store but don't mention pm'ing as they definitely won't have any.

If you did on line check and found none, it may be worth calling into the store but don't mention pm'ing as they definitely won't have any.

Do you have a link to the online check thing? i couldnt find it and was just going to call them.

::Edit:: called them an they're out, might have to try a few further a field

Last edited:
Just incase anyone in northern ireland was wondering about this none of the store's over here stock the 400d so Pc world are doing them for £330, or for £130 you could take a day trip over the water for one.

to be honest I think that the deal is over now - all sold, no surprising.

Do you have a link to the online check thing? i couldnt find it and was just going to call them.

::Edit:: called them an they're out, might have to try a few further a field

Sorry bit late replying .
Simply go to PCW site, find item, add to basket, click 'collect@store' button, go to checkout, enter post code/town, click find, this will allow you to 'check' 9 local stores. If available click store button and continue.
The r & c system is not that reliable hence visit the store if not to far.
Don't mention price matching until the goods are on the counter and ready to be rung up.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0746083808.1223663161@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccckadefghgefdkcflgceggdhhmdgmh.0&page=ProductList&category_oid=-30405&show_all=true

Back