450D rumor maybe porkies

I think it is people spending a lot of money on what was supposed to be the next step up for many Eric, only to find that a much cheaper model will have a heck of a lot of the features they just paid good money for. That is the case for me anyway, I was drawn to the 40D because of its improved megepixel, spot metering, larger screen, speed. All but one of them can now be got from the 450D and could have saved me a couple of hundred pounds :(

Still love my 40D though :D

only to find that a much cheaper model will have a heck of a lot of the features they just paid good money for.

I'm afraid thats always going to happen Jimmy. Features will always filter down the range from the pro and pro-sumer cameras to the entry level offerings. When all is said and done the 400/450D are the most important cameras in the range for canon! The unit sales will far out strip the sales of 40D,5D and D1's and most will go to new users who are upgrading from point and shoot or bridge cameras. Having bought into the canon system most will then stay with canon if the decide to upgrade in the future.

I'm a 40D owner and not miffed at all. Love my 40D, I woulden't care if the 450D does have loads of similar features, it's still not better and i'd NEVER choose a 450 over a 40.

And as Eric said, this kind of thing is always gonna happen, dosen't make the 40D any less of a camera.

Is the 30D or 20D worse now that the 40D has come out?

Back