50d insurance upgrade

Name
Guy
Edit My Images
No
Hi all, I'm going through an insurance claim for a lost canon 50d, obviously the 50 is no longer available new, so what would be the equivalent for replacement? I was thinking the 7d mark1

Hi all, I'm going through an insurance claim for a lost canon 50d, obviously the 50 is no longer available new, so what would be the equivalent for replacement? I was thinking the 7d mark1
The 'equivalent' is the 70d.

get a second user 50D for a couple of hundred notes and spend the rest on beer and women of negotiable virtue

Generally the insurance company will decide what is equivalent, and that would be the 70D.

You'd have to provide a pretty sound reason for rejecting it based on functionality to get anything else. So something the 50D has that the 70D doesn't.

a mate of mine got a 7D as a replacement for his 20D a couple of years back , on the basis that the 20D has an alloy body so the 60D which was at that time the closest like for like has a GRP body and is not therefore a suitable replascement.

I canm't recall if the 50D has an alloy body but if it does that may be worth a try (assuming you'd rather have a 7D than a 70D of course)

I think the 50D is the last of the XXD line to get an alloy body, so that could work.

only if theres no new stock 7Dis left

Back