50D RAW Codec for Windows 7 64-bit

Edit My Images
Yes
I have been out of the loop for a while now and haven't really used my camera in ages, but I'm now on Windows 7 64-bit and struggling to find the codec required to view RAW images.

To be honest, I don't remember how I had it setup on my laptop before but I could view RAW images in Windows as if they were JPEG's with previews and launching them into that normal Windows picture viewer...

Uhm, also, is it a separate codec for Photoshop CS4?

Sorry if it's the wrong section. I haven't been on here in months...

I don't know if Micro$oft have released a RAW file viewer for Win7, but for viewing or editing RAW files using CS4 you can get the latest Adobe Camera Raw update from here. Having CS4 allows you to get the latest update, which is v5.6.

Once installed you could use Adobe Bridge to view files and choose which to edit. You would only see the thumbnails and previews when using Bridge though.

Hope that helps.

I can see RAW files as thumbnails in explorer, with 64 bit, is that what you want? I can dig it out later and send link.

Paul

I can see RAW files as thumbnails in explorer, with 64 bit, is that what you want? I can dig it out later and send link.

Paul

Yeah, can you double-click them and have them open in the usual image viewer too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taztastic

Paul
Yeah, can you double-click them and have them open in the usual image viewer too?

ME TOO PLEASE! STRUGGLING WITH THIS ONE!!

http://www.fastpictureviewer.com/codecs/

This is the link, they have pulled the free download as noone was donating, worth the $8 though, great piece of software works a treat.

Paul

Yes you can double click them directly in explorer and open with your designated program

Back