51 Point or 3D Tracking AF Mode?

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Mornign all still getting to grips with my D750, im heading down to the Lakes next Monday so thought if I get a chance I may go and sit in a hide and give this bird photography a little go even thought about hiring a new lens but that's a different story

What im more concerned about is what AF mode is best?? I know the D750 has an awesome AF but which would be best??

As above 51 Point or 3D tracking?

Neither, either single point or 9 point dynamic.

Focus tracking with lock on, try it on the lowest setting, or turning it off.

Use back button focus.

If trying to get flight shots it can help to set the limiter on the lens.

These are settings I prefer on Nikon bodies (D700 D800 D4) although I have not used the D750 it should be similar.

Martyn is correct in his post above. D750 works the same way for the record bud.

Look at page 124 in the manual and check out the group AF mode, not tried it yet, but could work well for BIF shots.

I used 3D with my Nikon D7100 on the weekend and had my best results with BIF to date.

I have never found 3D to work - I like Group Area AF, otherwise 9 or single.

I use single point for pretty much everything, very occasionally 9 point, it's all down to lots of practice really :). I found that the more stuff you have turned on for the camera to process the flower the focussing takes to lock on and you have more chance of it locking on to higher contrast backgrounds than the subject you want.

Last edited:
Back