5d. anyone use one?

I love it :)

See my Canada threads in the landscape section.

No bells, whistles or beginner modes - just takes a good picture.

I have one, I couldn't honestly hold my hand up and say I use it though.

I've got one arriving in the morning and should be able to provide an opinion shortly thereafter.

I suspect the early shots will be AI Servo images of startled pigeons fired off at random as my dearly beloved wife pursues me around the garden wielding various implements of harm.

I literally begged others to buy it on Saturday before I did and none of you miserable ba*#@rds were man enough to save me.

Bob

:LOL: DF & Bob
I absolutely love mine - I've only recently bought it but initial impressions are excellent. IQ is amazing with nice glass - only downside I've noticed so far is that the files are huge compared to what I'm used to!
If I was going to buy again I'd definitely go with the same (full frames ok too :LOL:)

thanks folks for your advice.
shes more or less decided on the 5d.we do mainly wedding work so full frame is an advantage for big blow ups too.we just started using a portable hard drive /screen thingy to download cards onto , so big files arent a prob. she has a wizbang pc too(custom built 6 months ago) .looks like shes made the right choice. she loves her 30D but i think a 5D will add to the armoury.

I love mine,enough said(y)

Love mine, the only reason i would change it is for a higher frames per sec count, 3 is occasionally not enough.

..and how does the 5d compare to the 40d - yes, I know there is the full frame factor, but it would be lovely to see if anyone has 2 shots of the same thing, taken side by side on a 5d and a 40d to show what difference it makes, as I have never seen it...

..and how does the 5d compare to the 40d - yes, I know there is the full frame factor, but it would be lovely to see if anyone has 2 shots of the same thing, taken side by side on a 5d and a 40d to show what difference it makes, as I have never seen it...

I did this comparison between the 5D and 30D a few weeks ago Steve

I love it to death but its burned a hole in my pocket as I've needed to buy other things that are required.

- new lenses to fit full frame
- larger cards to fit more images
- More hard drive space to back up images

I have upgraded from the 5 however have kept it. It is a (relatively) light full-frame camera that works fantastically well in low light. Colour contrast is good which I thank the sensor for and the large preview screen is a god send.

Memory is an issue however. Shortly after buying the 5D I had to upgrade my storage as I filled it up pretty quickly.

Only downside I found was the metering was not brilliant but I suppose they had to leave something out of what is a great value for money camera.

OK, to change the question I put, with apologies for hijacking the thread slightly, with hindsight, would any 5d owners who have got or played with a 40d (or the other way round) have chosen differently ?
Not that I am about to, but if I were to be looking for a new body, and as an owner of an EF-S lens, what features might be worth paying attention to..?

Back