5x4 Instant film

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
There seems to be a a few people selling 4x5 instant film backs that supposedly take Fuji PA45 film. Does anyone know whether you can still get it and who's got any?

As far as I'm aware Fuji have stopped making the 4x5 instant film. You can get holders for FP100c and 100b but its not 4x5.
I'm waiting for project 55, then it would be the same as the old polaroid 55 film you get an instant pic and a negative to print from.

Mart

I had to keep an eye out on ebay and the like for a long time before I found any of the 5x4 stuff. It doesn't come up very often any more, and tbh is most likely a little ropey as there hasn't been any fresh into the uk for a while now. Sadly mine seem to have some wierd light leak style faults that aren't leaks, otherwise it's a beautiful product that I'll miss when my 4 remaining packs run out :(

They also accept standard film holders and apparently roll film backs though, so not a complete right off. Still mentally expansive for a fixed lens rangefinder, but thats the price of being very niche

Fuji PA-145 back with Fuji 100 film ,job done. I get my film from AG.
Not true 5x4 but as near as we can get until impossible bring out 5x4.

Does this mean that the Polaroid 545 Pro back I've got is just an expensive paperweight?

Essentially yes, again until impossible or New55 bring out a replacement film. The 545 back would have been useless anyway, no-one makes individual sheet polaroids anymore, and that which exists is about a million pounds a shot

You need a polaroid 500 and a fuji pa45 (or their 100series pack film counterparts) for use with the pack films

Does this mean that the Polaroid 545 Pro back I've got is just an expensive paperweight?

Well 5 years on from the making of this thread, I'm wondering if any progress has been made re instant film for the Polaroid 545 land film holder that I have.

I don't know wether it is the same as what you have Nick as you've stated "pro back" but perhaps we're both searching for the same film.

Here's a link to the film back that I have

http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Polaroid_545

Back