6 X 9 Viewfinder

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
Morning. I have a Voigtlander Bessa 1 which is excellent except for one small problem, the viewfinder is tiny and is difficult to use when wearing glasses. So, the question is are there any 6 x 9 Viewfinder attachments out there other than the Voigtlander Kontur which is rare and expensive?

I used a Retina sports finder with my Bessa. It worked well enough and cost about £25. There's usually lots of them on the big auction site.

Add-on finders for 35mm rangefinder cameras will have the same aspect ratio. One for a 50mm lens should give a slightly, or somewhat, cropped field of view depending on the exact size of the image in the Bessa. (If the real frame is 85mm wide, that's equivalent to about 44.5mm focal length on 135, if it's a true 90mm, then equivalent to a 42mm on 135.)

I used a Retina sports finder with my Bessa. It worked well enough and cost about £25. There's usually lots of them on the big auction site.

Thanks, that's a good option.

Add-on finders for 35mm rangefinder cameras will have the same aspect ratio. One for a 50mm lens should give a slightly, or somewhat, cropped field of view depending on the exact size of the image in the Bessa. (If the real frame is 85mm wide, that's equivalent to about 44.5mm focal length on 135, if it's a true 90mm, then equivalent to a 42mm on 135.)

It's actually a 105mm lens so that would imply about a 40mm equivalent finder?

It's actually a 105mm lens so that would imply about a 40mm equivalent finder?

No, those figures are based on a 105mm lens.. The real FoV (and thus equivalent focal length on 135) depends on the exact frame width. It's then a case of choosing to go a bit wider or narrower if an exact match can't be found.

Ah yes, I see now, that makes sense thank you.

Back