620 spools

Mmmmmm........goes off armed with abacus to see how many there are

I'll be back!:D

OK to ensure I leave myself with a couple, I have found 6 that you can have.

Any good to you?

Amend that, I've found another one :)

I'm curious and nosey:p as to why you need so many.......setting up a 620 film business, or won half a dozen 620 Brownies??:D

Job sorted

I'll have these in the post asap......Monday if possible

Drop me a PM to remind me of your address please.

I'm curious and nosey:p as to why you need so many.......setting up a 620 film business, or won half a dozen 620 Brownies??:D
I have two cameras that use 620... and it's better if I can have enough rolls pre re-spooled as I have no 620 spools anyway..

Steve thank you for that information...although, I'm not sure how the process works, so I'll have to re-read it

Sorry Lee, I never came back to this. If you go to here you can see the file that someone has created for printing a 2-part 620 spool. If you click on the "Download all Files" button in the top right, you will be able to save a ZIP file which contains the STL file that a 3D printer uses. Once you've got that file, go to www.3DHubs.com and click on "3D Print" in the top right and then choose the STL file you downloaded. The website will then upload that file, you choose the material you want (I'd recommend PLA as the cheapest) and then it will come back with a list of printers that could print the file for you and their prices.

The cheapest I've just found for that file was 1.42 plus postage but once you've picked a printer you can speak to them direct and work out a price for multiple spools etc. Generally, print hubs will charge based on the time that the print will take to complete as that means their printer can't be used for another job.

Sorry Lee, I never came back to this. If you go to here you can see the file that someone has created for printing a 2-part 620 spool. If you click on the "Download all Files" button in the top right, you will be able to save a ZIP file which contains the STL file that a 3D printer uses. Once you've got that file, go to www.3DHubs.com and click on "3D Print" in the top right and then choose the STL file you downloaded. The website will then upload that file, you choose the material you want (I'd recommend PLA as the cheapest) and then it will come back with a list of printers that could print the file for you and their prices.

The cheapest I've just found for that file was 1.42 plus postage but once you've picked a printer you can speak to them direct and work out a price for multiple spools etc. Generally, print hubs will charge based on the time that the print will take to complete as that means their printer can't be used for another job.

That is one of the most useful posts I've read on 3d printing, and deserves to go into the Resources sticky if only there was a way to do so! Great stuff, Steve... (y)

Steve thanks so much for that extra information... it's really helpful.

No problem Lee. For one off pieces or prototypes, 3D printing is a great option. It has an equal mix of frustration and success but the results are normally worth it :0)

This is my latest print, although I'm struggling to find where the spool goes..

IMG_1488960908.161320.jpg

What is it...?

It's a thing, possibly a special thing, possibly a special thing that will destroy the Earth or maybe save it.

It's a Network Attached Storage (NAS) unit I've designed and printed for a company I work with in my day job. It basically runs 24/7 at home and my laptops/server backup to it automatically. It then backs up that data every night to the cloud as an off site backup that I can access from any other device wherever I am. It does a similar job to an Apple Time Capsule except I can backup any computer to it, not just Apple.

It's a Network Attached Storage (NAS) unit I've designed and printed for a company I work with in my day job. It basically runs 24/7 at home and my laptops/server backup to it automatically. It then backs up that data every night to the cloud as an off site backup that I can access from any other device wherever I am. It does a similar job to an Apple Time Capsule except I can backup any computer to it, not just Apple.
Andy's explanation sounded much more interesting.. :LOL:
Thanks for the explanation though.

Yeah, fair enough, not the most exciting of units but I'm hoping it's something I can push out with the company I work with and then take over the world!!!
It does look cool...just not something I have a need for.
Good luck with the world domination thing .

Now that looks cool... have you used it?...

Not in anger, no. I built the body around an old lens I had in an Ensign folder. I never got around to building a bellows for it and the shutter in the lens has become a bit temperamental so I moved on to another build. I might come back to it when I get some time though.

Great work Steve but erm what's it to do with photography :D Oh wait! storing jpgs? ;)

Not in anger, no. I built the body around an old lens I had in an Ensign folder. I never got around to building a bellows for it and the shutter in the lens has become a bit temperamental so I moved on to another build. I might come back to it when I get some time though.
Pity, would have been cool to see how it worked. I'd love to give stuff like that a try....What size bellows do you need(do they even come in sizes?). I have two folders here that the bellows might work for it..

Come on Steve, Brian is world champion at shoe-horning unrelated matter into any conversation!!!!! :D
I like your thinking Bryan. Only a true F&C member could shoehorn in an unrelated item with such skill [emoji6]

Oh dear Bri,@excalibur2 look what happens when you don't have me in toe to restrain you.:runaway::p

Getting a reputation is all well and good, but not single handedly............wait for me to join in and share the honour;):D:D

Pity, would have been cool to see how it worked. I'd love to give stuff like that a try....What size bellows do you need(do they even come in sizes?). I have two folders here that the bellows might work for it..

Hi Lee. I completely missed this post. I'll send the print over to you if you want to see if you can complete it? I've got more than enough builds in my mind and on the workbench!

Hi Lee. I completely missed this post. I'll send the print over to you if you want to see if you can complete it? I've got more than enough builds in my mind and on the workbench!
Don't worry I miss lots of posts lately!... that would be great Steve...

@Solo man

Sorry Lee, I forgot to say that I posted the 6x7 field camera off to you yesterday along with the snapshot body I printed too seeing as it was also built around the same lens! The ground glass holder is attached to the snapshot body but I needed to keep the ground glass itself because I use it for calibrating other cameras.

New ground glass embedded in the removable plate for focussing and giving a really bright image. I'm also going to skin this in the same leather as the 6x7 pinhole. by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr

6x9 Landscape orientation by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr

I'd highly recommend this guy in Latvia who sells via Ebay for supplying a ground glass. You just tell him what dimensions you need and any corner cuts and he hand makes it and ships it out for arrival within a few days;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/virgisst?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2754

I've used him several times for my builds and have always been happy with the quality and price (<£10).

Both cameras were built around my Graflex rollfilm back so you will either need to pick one of those up or adjust the current body to fit an alternative.

Good luck!

Cheers
Steve

@Solo man

Sorry Lee, I forgot to say that I posted the 6x7 field camera off to you yesterday along with the snapshot body I printed too seeing as it was also built around the same lens! The ground glass holder is attached to the snapshot body but I needed to keep the ground glass itself because I use it for calibrating other cameras.

New ground glass embedded in the removable plate for focussing and giving a really bright image. I&#x27;m also going to skin this in the same leather as the 6x7 pinhole. by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr

6x9 Landscape orientation by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr

I'd highly recommend this guy in Latvia who sells via Ebay for supplying a ground glass. You just tell him what dimensions you need and any corner cuts and he hand makes it and ships it out for arrival within a few days;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/virgisst?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2754

I've used him several times for my builds and have always been happy with the quality and price (<£10).

Both cameras were built around my Graflex rollfilm back so you will either need to pick one of those up or adjust the current body to fit an alternative.

Good luck!

Cheers
Steve
Hi Steve, I look forward to it arriving!.

I have two backs for my Century Graphic which are the same as in your picture, so that's sorted.
I also have a ground glass that came with one of the folders I intend to use the bellows from. Not sure what size it is, but, I can bodge something to make a focusing screen as I did it with my 1920 folder. So, hopefully I'm most of the way there.

And, thank you.

Hi Steve, I look forward to it arriving!.

I have two backs for my Century Graphic which are the same as in your picture, so that's sorted.
I also have a ground glass that came with one of the folders I intend to use the bellows from. Not sure what size it is, but, I can bodge something to make a focusing screen as I did it with my 1920 folder. So, hopefully I'm most of the way there.

And, thank you.

Excellent, sounds like you should be up and running in no time! Have fun with them :0)

Back