7 day shop

chewy - I have used 7dayshop loads and the frustrating thing about them is pretty much what you are experiencing! Recently their delivery speed and accuracy has been much improved - give it a few more days & then contact them - I have had a few issues which their customer services sorted quite quickly ... HTH - Paul (y)

I've always avoided them as I've never heard a GOOD review. Prefer to pay a little more, but trust in next day delivery and good service (ie, WE)

Ha, this is typical

I just placed a £60 order with them :(

Will let you know how it goes but I know that two of the items I've ordered are currently out of stock.

I've used them often in the past and apart from the delay in despatch that everyone experiences, they have been just fine. I buy Ilford paper from them, also bought my Sigma 70-300apo and my 50mm f1.8 there.

I've bought a mini clamp tripod, 10 rolls of film, some lens pens, 2 of their very reasonably priced (£18) 4gb CF cards, a filter and a few other bits and pieces.

Absolutely no problems with delivery and would not hesitate to use them again.

i hope you guys all use the affiliate link to get the bad service from 7day, if you buy something from them after visiting that link we get a little bit...

i hope you guys all use the affiliate link to get the bad service from 7day, if you buy something from them after visiting that link we get a little bit...

Nice speech there matty :clap: - I haven't used them since the affiliated malarkey kicked in but will hopefully remember to do so (note to self "remember to check TP Affiliate links you dimwit")
Paul (y)

Cheers, frustrating isnt it. Why bother include an invoice slip and pay extra for next day, if they can't actually do it. Ta, Neil

They don't do a next day service , you pay extra to jump the 3-5 day queue in the warehouse but then its good old 1st class post :(

I've used them quite a bit , always gone for the cheapo delivery & had everything (sometimes split) turn up within a week :)

It'll arrive ... eventually. Be patient.

I've ordered a 4gb CF card from them last night and it dispatched today so hopefully it will be here tomorrow.

They send multiple deliveries to get round paying VAT I think!

Used them a few times myself for batteries and cheapo SD Cards for the kids cameras, no problems apart from not getting all the items in the same parcel. Usually get one a day or so after the first one arrives which is no hassle unless you're really really needing it. Didn't realise they were an affiliate here, but will bear that in mind next time I'm needing anything off of them....

I know it's been said already, but would expect the rest of it to turn up tomorrow or maybe Monday.

Hi,

I agree with the comment above about the VAT. They always send packages at under £18 to avoid customs as I am sure stuff is delivered from Jersey.

Used them many times and never had a problem.

Mike.

They send multiple deliveries to get round paying VAT I think!

Correct - However, the dispatch note that arrived today with only 2 packages, it should have been 3, according to the invoice. The third I have not received yet. Or indeed the final or most important 4th package. No big deal, but would ahve been nice to know about the delivery method before.

Used them a few times myself for batteries and cheapo SD Cards for the kids cameras, no problems apart from not getting all the items in the same parcel. Usually get one a day or so after the first one arrives which is no hassle unless you're really really needing it. Didn't realise they were an affiliate here, but will bear that in mind next time I'm needing anything off of them....

I know it's been said already, but would expect the rest of it to turn up tomorrow or maybe Monday.

Exactly my point :)
Just don't tell me to expect 3 packages and deliver 2, maybe it's based on previous experiences but in my book that means an order has gone wrong !

Tell em upfront, that not all packages may arrive at the same time, and I'd be fine ... :)

See what happens tomorrow ...

I had this with them once. Yonks ago.
Expected 8 (yes eight) and only received 7. Emailed them and sed so. They sent another as replacement.
Dont know who got an envelope with 3 36xISO200 kodak film, from the first batch, but it wasnt me.
New lot arrived fine.

I agree with chewy in that customers should be told if something part ships, we tell our customers otherwise they are on the telephone asking where the rest of the order is.

Or indeed the final or most important 4th package.

Yeah the one you want is always the last one to arrive. Stuff you ordered just because you were there comes first :)

Oh dear - perhaps I should have read this thread earlier - this evening I ordered some AA rechargables, two more batteries for the 30D/D30 (It's the old one that's the problem - positively chews through batteries if you review your shots much, and Ben's at the stage of needing to review what he's taken!) and a pair of battery cases for the AA's.......fingers crossed they arrive OK.

One of the things we have heard from our customers who used to use them before is that because they are in the Channel Islands by law they can ship anything vat free if its under £18.00 But anything over £18 then it is liable for VAt and some people have had a bill from the Postman before they can get the goods.

Just a warning.

And as i have said before, if anyone would prefer to buy from us then email me direct with a price you have seen and if i can match it I will.

We only buy UK product so i cant always compete with some of the companies who import from overseas but if i can then i will.

So before you buy elsewhere email me stuart@digitaldepot.co.uk

Im a workholic so ill try and email back asap even after hours.

Regards

Stuart

Not had any prob's with them so far. Should turn up soon, if not mail them for replacement.

This is on a lot but not all pages "VAT is not payable on this item as it is sent to you in a consignment of less that £18 in value." Which implies that if my order is more than £18 then it'll arrive in multiples of "less than £18.

Always wondered why my orders keep coming in separate packages :LOL: Never had any problems with them, and have always received my order within the week.

I love 7dayshop. And you do get what you pay for.
Its cheaper than most places and worth the extra day or so wait for the goods
I've had multiple packages and they have always turned up within days of each other. Never had a "bad 'en"

You cant blame them for a poor postal service.

I have used them twice now and can't fault them, but sorry Matty didn't know about the link i will try find it next time.
As alot have said be patient i am sure it will arrive..

I've used them several times (pre affiliate days) never had a real drama with them. A few bits have turned up later than expected after being out of stock and a memory card reader was dead on arrival and that was replaced quicker than the original delivery took to get to me.

The missing items arrived this morning, my issue isn't with the price or indeed the shipping. Yep, the savings are worth the wait in my opinion.

All I would ask is that up front they let you know about the shipping;
1. It may not arrive in sequence
2. It may take longer than usual
3. Only include an invoice for the goods in the envelope, not whatever is included in the joint shipping.

Would I use them again, now I know what to expect, possibly not... but those prices are damn good :)

Well, I used the affiliate link for Cartridge Save UK - for Canon 6 series ink. 4 days later I've received the sales invoice but no catridges........ strange as i kinda know how much I've spent and I'm more interested in getting my ink before i have to go to PC world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
:annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed:

The missing items arrived this morning, my issue isn't with the price or indeed the shipping. Yep, the savings are worth the wait in my opinion.

All I would ask is that up front they let you know about the shipping;
1. It may not arrive in sequence
2. It may take longer than usual
3. Only include an invoice for the goods in the envelope, not whatever is included in the joint shipping.

Would I use them again, now I know what to expect, possibly not... but those prices are damn good :)

Hi,

I think you can check the progress of an order via the 'order history' option on the site, can't remember if this will keep you updated of the 'actual' progrees mind you. But I think on my last order it did say that some were dispatched and others awaiting.

Mike.

Have ordered from them in the past and sometimes they go out of stock and hang on with your order though they only charge you once they dispatch your stuff ordered but checking bak and forth with their website for status could be a bit daunting sometimes........:geek:

if they aint any good, i will perminantly remove the link, dont want anyone buying anything from crappo companies!

36 replies

12 positive

3 negative, one from someone who's never used them, one from a competitor posting false/misleading info and one from someone who's items have taken more than 4 days to arrive.

Even ChewyUK is sorted and happy to use them again.

You can take my response as positive also - I have used them before and have no reason to believe I'll have any problems this time - just was a little rattled by reading the thread about two minutes after I'd placed the order!

Matty, just a suggestion, as a site with increasing web presence is this not a good opportunity to take it to them and mention the issues some of their customers have been having?
Might be a way to get direct feedback and help them improve, not just for us, but also the wider community.
If they take the comments on board it's positive marketing for them ... and it didnt cost them a penny.

Just a thought - Neil

Feel the powah of teh forumz! :D

Back