7dayshop in 'unhelpful' shocker

Edit My Images
No
I know they're cheap, and I only have myself to blame for using them but I still expect a decent level of service from any company. So when the batteries I ordered still hadn't turned up this morning, despite being ordered on the same day as the Sigma 10-20mm and battery grip (which came from Hong Kong, as opposed to within the UK) I left them a message on their support ticket system.* It went like this:

Your post - 25/05/2006 - 11:40
Hello.

I have logged in and checked the status of my order. It says 'dispatched'. It was paid for with normal delivery (£3.95 or whatever) which says up to three working days however I have not received the goods.

As a general comparison, an order I placed on the same day (17th May) with a company in Hong Kong arrived on Tuesday. I'm finding it hard to see how people in Asia can ship faster than you. Especially when they offer free shipping.

Anyway let me know what's happened to my order please.

Ta
J

----------

7dayshop reply - 25/05/2006 - 11:40
Please be advised that delivery takes 3-5 'working' days.

Regards

----------

Your post - 25/05/2006 - 12:44
That's not what your 'About Us' page says. Here is a direct quote from your website:

"NORMAL - £3.95 - DISPATCH CAN VARY BETWEEN 1-3 WORKING DAYS
Your goods are dispatched by 1st Class Royal Mail as our dispatch team come to the order"

Perhaps you should update the page.

----------

7dayshop reply - 25/05/2006 - 12:44
The order was dispatched for you on 20.05.06 and will be with you any day now.
Kind regards

The normal delivery time from dispatch to your door is 3-5 working days, but the delivery time can be
up to 10 working days (2 weeks) from dispatch at Royal Mails peak times. All dispatch and delivery times given are estimates, and we can give no guarantees on exact delivery times.

----------

Your post - 25/05/2006 - 13:01
Here's a yes/no question... Will you be changing the (currently misleading) information on your website?

----------

7dayshop reply - 25/05/2006 - 13:01
We do not consider the information to be misleading.

Regards

I realise that I'm still getting the goods, just thought you all might like to know about the delivery times, since they do say 1-3 days on the site and I don't want anyone getting caught out if you were to order in a hurry.

*Anyone else noticed how poor companies always have a ticket system instead of a real email address (or form)? It's almost a guaranteed way to tell when a company's service is going to be crap.

I ordered 3 items recently. They arrived seperately in 3, 5 and 10 days. All were in stock when ordered. I wasn't in a hurry so never worried about it. Oh and the item I wanted most came last :)

Well actually it does say 'DISPATCH' can take 1-3 working days, no mention of delivery which I would guess includes Royal Mail as well.

ditto above.

It does say dispatch takes......, which is somewhat different from delivery. And knowing the vaguries of our majesties postal service you could be looking at sometime next year for delivery ;)

It is mis-leading unless you read it very carefuly though!

I'm sure there are plenty of lawyers in the world who could write paragraphs that were factually correct but still misleading. The basic point is that I ordered from Onestop-Digital (in Hong Kong) on the same day. Not only was shipping free, but it was faster too.

If British companies not only send things slower, but have the gall to take the moral high ground when you complain that places abroad are faster than them... That's the point at which they lose my custom.

Well, you're doing the right thing to bitch to their other potential customers. I've not used them and I don't think I will judging by your experience. At least for anything I want quickly.

I'm gonna sit on the other side of the fence on this one.

It does say that it's dispatch that takes 1-3 days, add on to that delivery time. So their website is actually correct.

That's not to say you don't have valid beef with the time it took the delivery to get to you...That aside, their website is correct ;)

I've ordered from 7day before and only had one problem, which was the postmans fault. He took my Hama bag back to the sorting office and forgot to 'card' me, so I was waiting all week for it. It was only on 7days advice did I ring the sorting office to see if it was there, and it was....

Nevertheless, 7day aren't known for their super speedy delivery. Partly I suppose due to where they are. They may be phsyically closer to us, but logistically and what not they're further :p

I've always regarded 7dayshop as true to its name. In that everythink takes at least 7 days to get there.

Marcel said:
I'm gonna sit on the other side of the fence on this one.

It does say that it's dispatch that takes 1-3 days, add on to that delivery time. So their website is actually correct.

Another vote the same here Jamey. ;)

I have used 7 Day Shop on many occasions and they never fail to deliver the goods within 10 days in my case.. That,s good enough for me..:)

I cannot complain..:|

booo @ misinformation. they could state the delivery time, rather than just the dispatch time...i very doubt they are as haphazard and random as TNT though..

Marcel said:
I've always regarded 7dayshop as true to its name. In that everythink takes at least 7 days to get there.

I'd agree with Marcel on that, I've used them a few times, not the place to buy from if you're in a real hurry to receive the goods, but they do have some good deals.

Mike

fingerz said:
I know they're cheap, and I only have myself to blame for using them but I still expect a decent level of service from any company. So when the batteries I ordered still hadn't turned up this morning, despite being ordered on the same day as the Sigma 10-20mm and battery grip (which came from Hong Kong, as opposed to within the UK) I left them a message on their support ticket system.* It went like this:

I realise that I'm still getting the goods, just thought you all might like to know about the delivery times, since they do say 1-3 days on the site and I don't want anyone getting caught out if you were to order in a hurry.

*Anyone else noticed how poor companies always have a ticket system instead of a real email address (or form)? It's almost a guaranteed way to tell when a company's service is going to be crap.

i dont see the problem, dispatch and delivery are different ends of the postage system and time is obviouslt going to be incurred between the two.

the website isnt misleading

I had the same problem with them, I was told to allow 28 days for delivery.
If the items hadn't arrived by this time, they would act.

Before they sent these items I requested special delivery, but had the option turned down.
Very strange.

Not used them since.

The site is right, TBH, i always take the shops name as being how long it takes me to get my bits, it's always about a week to get my bits. :D

I've used them lots of times and the only problem i've ever had was a card reader which came without a software disc, that got sorted in double quick time by them (y)

7day used to have a thing where you could pay them extra to get them to ship your items quicker, i.e. send them sooner not by a faster method.

I think they still do :D

did Matty rename himself Matt, or is that someone else?

Yes, I'm now aware of the dispatch/delivery wording extranvaganza but...

I've bought enough items on the net to know what it feels like doing business with a genuine, caring company and what it feels like to be treated like a piece of ****. This falls into the latter category.

leoedin said:
I think they still do :D

did Matty rename himself Matt, or is that someone else?

No Matty is still Matty....or tracey on a tuesday :eek: and Matt is still Matt

Matty is still Bert. :D

And Matt is still, er Matt.

they've worded it quite carefully to relinquish most of the responsibility once the items have been 'dispatched'...it'll probably turn up care of one football crazy employee of the royal mail postal service! what joy!

Ordered loads off 7dayshop with no problems to date. I never been charged before hand for something on back order.

Great site (y)

Its not the the website is misleading it is accurate it just could have more information on it.

No reason it couldn't have said

"NORMAL - £3.95 - DISPATCH CAN VARY BETWEEN 1-3 WORKING DAYS
Your goods are dispatched by 1st Class Royal Mail as our dispatch team come to the order, Delivery may take 3-5 working days from date of dispatch and upto 10 days at Royal Mail peak times"

I've never had a problem with them and I've ordered loads. The web site is quite clear (for people who have mastered the English language :p ) regarding when your consignment is going to be dispatched.

If you want something in a rush then look elsewhere or, dare I say it :naughty: , step away from the computer and venture out to a shop :eek:

BTW, the clue is in their name :LOL:

This thread reminds me of something I saw on the Viz website once:

"MURDERERS: Dispose of dead bodies simply by posting it to yourself via Royal Mail. You'll never see it again".

GfK said:
"MURDERERS: Dispose of dead bodies simply by posting it to yourself via Royal Mail. You'll never see it again".

ROFLMAO :LOL:

So has this item Fingerz is waiting for arrived yet?

No I think you're nit-picking here - you can only hold them responsible for the dispatch times - what happens to an item after it's left their hands is out of their control.
They do say that they'll dispatch within the time stated. After that it's in the hands of the Gods. I always pay the extra for Courier delivery. That way I have someone to yell at if it all goes wrong.
What's an extra £20-£50 when you just spent £4000 on a new lens or camera body?

Just don't use DHL - they're about as useful as Royal Mail. They recently claimed that they'd delivered an item to me, and when I asked who'd signed for it, they couldn't give me an answer, and the delivery guy 'forgot' where he left the item. Yeah...right!

I have ordered many small items from 7Dayshop. In my experience it can take about 10 days to get everything in a multi-item order. I did have reason once to get a cf card replaced which went smoothly. However, I would never buy an expensive item from them as I have read many instances of hassles ensuing from returning goods and getting replacements ...

I had some paper on back-order with 7Day. After a month it finally came back in stock and I got an email saying it had been dispatched and I'd get it within 7 days. 8 days later it hadn't arrived and I checked my account - the paper hadn't been dispatched until 3 days after they said it had. When I asked why I was just told it was on its way, no reason, no apology.

That was the last order they get from me.

I bought a couple of lenses from 7dayshop at great prices before they stopped selling Canon gear. In each case I got next day delivery so I really can't fault them, although I haven't used them since.

Goods I've ordered from 7dayshop have always turned up, though sometimes it has taken a week or so. My last order was for some ink cartridges - I ordered eight and they came in six separate jiffybags all on the same day!

BTW on Thursday I ordered a lens from Onestop and have had an acknowledgement of order but nothing to say it has been dispatched. Do they let you know when it has been sent or does it just arrive?

If I remember right, they will tell you when it's dispatched and give you a tracking number.

Thanks Steep. I've emailed them for an update.

i can't believe you lot seem happy with waiting 10 days for something!?!?! :eek: i suppose if you aren't in a hurry for it it doesn't matter!

everytime i have ordered off www.emartbuy.co.uk before 3pm it has came the next day!!! i'm impatient though and i hate waiting for stuff! :LOL: i am waiting for a photobook to arrive off photobox that i ordered on friday, i hope it comes today!!!!!!! :nuts: :D

20 posts, 6 plugs for emartbuy, you wouldn't work for them by any chance? ;)

Steep said:
20 posts, 6 plugs for emartbuy, you wouldn't work for them by any chance? ;)
ha ha :D no sorry. i promise i won't mention them again! it's just i was so impressed with them i wanted to spread the word! ;) my lips are sealed from now on!! :LOL:

GO EMARTBUY!!!!!

(Mikey did you post my £5 yet?)

Back