80D BBF problem

Name
Jeff
Edit My Images
No
I have the 80d coupled with a sigma 150-600 sport ,super set up ,great shots ,fast a.f works super on b.i.f see my Flickr stream for ref . However I have tried a couple of times to utilise BBF with it and it fails miserably ,tried it on a day out yesterday in perfect conditions ,static birds no problem at all b.i.f extremely hard to get a lock on at all . Switched back to shutter button a.f and virtually instant lock on .

Can't figure this one out at all .and yes I,m very experienced had more canon bodies than days in a month ,used BBF before on many of them

i don't mind leaving on the shutter button but it's annoying knowing it should work BBF but won't ,anyone else had the problem

Which button you use shouldn't make any difference. They both trigger the same focus system.

You are holding the button down for BIF aren't You, and you have it set to AI Servo

I only speak in terms of Nikon cause that's all I know!

For BIF, you don't want to lock focus on the bird cause it is
moving! I make sure to setup in my Nikons menu…

• trigger priority is set to focus acquisition
  • Continuous AF high
  • focus is activated only by BBF
As you are shooting, and as long as you are, keep pressing
the BBF.

Which button you use shouldn't make any difference. They both trigger the same focus system.

You are holding the button down for BIF aren't You, and you have it set to AI Servo
Yes I do know what I,m doing probably more than most ,it just seems to be a peculiarity with this particular camera . Yes the BBF is working fine on static birds but will not pick up instant focus on b.i.f resulting in lost shots ,yet the shutter button is fine .the post is more to find out if others have noticed the same than anything

Back